79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-03-2019, 03:13 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo662 View Post
I have only just seen this thread,as I don`t come on here as often as I used to
because there only seems to be threads about Brexit.
Thank you Jan and Paul,I would love to see Phil posting again,he has been missed.
Come off it John, there is only one, lots of other things are being talked about, how's your prostate for instance
dghr272 likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 21:55

My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
You do realise it was Phil (Cabby) who started the (only) Brexit Facts thread.

Yes I do realise that Barry,and if you look back he got ganged up on for voicing his opinion like many others have and most have dissappeared because of that.
HurricaneSmith and Mrplodd like this.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
Come off it John, there is only one, lots of other things are being talked about, how's your prostate for instance

My prostate is fine at the moment thanks Jan.

Im finding it difficult to find the `lots of things being talked about` Jan!

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 22:00

Quote:
You do realise it was Phil (Cabby) who started the (only) Brexit Facts thread.

And,there may only be one titled Brexit thread,but the subject seems to appear on alot of other threads.
Matchlock likes this.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 22:21 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
My prostate is fine at the moment thanks Jan.

Im finding it difficult to find the `lots of things being talked about` Jan!
It depends on what you are interested in, I must admit not much for me to contribute to-- Tomtom, TV stuff, reversing cameras, toads , driving permits, Motorhomes for sale, a few people saying Hello, but only one thread that has the B word in the title, wherever it has been mentioned in other threads it has not been by the major people who participate in the B thread.

Now think of something you would like to discuss, gas heaters, gas ovens, what and how to store in the garage or even how tall should I build a port to put my motor home in, this is your forum as well so start a thread about something you´re interested in.
I do my very best but unfortunately its only trivial things.
Pudsey_Bear and jo662 like this.

I'm Jan
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 22:27

Quote:
It depends on what you are interested in, I must admit not much for me to contribute to-- Tomtom, TV stuff, reversing cameras, toads , driving permits, Motorhomes for sale, a few people saying Hello, but only one thread that has the B word in the title, wherever it has been mentioned in other threads it has not been by the major people who participate in the B thread.

Now think of something you would like to discuss, gas heaters, gas ovens, what and how to store in the garage or even how tall should I build a port to put my motor home in, this is your forum as well so start a thread about something you´re interested in.

You do seem to be one of the only shining lights on here Jan so I will try and find something on here to bring me back to the forum more often.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 23:27

Quote:

Just a quick question though Jan.
So you have not noticed the slow migration of members leaving after being ganged up on on the Brexit thread.
Gemmy,Mgdavid,Siggie,Mygalsal,Revise,747,Nickoff,x gx and Yarmouth to name the ones I remember to voice a different opinion.If it wasnt for Peribro it would be a one sided thread!
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 23:44

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Quote:
So you have not noticed the slow migration of members leaving after being ganged up on on the Brexit thread.
Gemmy,Mgdavid,Siggie,Mygalsal,Revise,747,Nickoff,x gx and Yarmouth to name the ones I remember to voice a different opinion.If it wasnt for Peribro it would be a one sided thread!
Ganged up on? What are they? A bunch of Snowflakes or summat? You can hardly call any of the debates on here robust! Maybe ive spent too much time debating on Twitter, Farcebook, DS and other social media Im immune I dunno. Most of those you mention stuck around for yonks and some of them chucked some proper abuse before throwing their toys out of the pram and throwing a flounce. I can honestly say hand on heart in three years I dont know of a single remainer who has done a flounce over Brexit. And they call us remainers wet liberal types. I wish I had made a list of some of the things ive had said to me in the past three years. Blimey! Including death wishes and even death threats.

I wasnt going to reply but youve mentioned it three times now and to be honest Im a bit sick of the blame being laid at a few people having a civilised debate on a restricted section of a forum in one thread for the demise of this forum and for members leaving.
caulkhead and JanHank like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 23:48 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
I have heard these things John and all I can say is they must have had a very weak argument to back out of such an important issue if they had felt strongly about it. There has been one thread only, as I said before and if anyone has left the forum because of just one thread I find that ridiculous behaviour for an adult. I recognise some of the names, but as I have only taken real interest in the thread over the past few months most of those names I don't remember seeing there.

I see Barry has just reared his head He's probably put it into better words that me.

I get cross with people about training dogs sometimes, but I don't leave the forum because they don't agree with me.
barryd likes this.

I'm Jan
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 23:51

Quote:
Ganged up on? What are they? A bunch of Snowflakes or summat? You can hardly call any of the debates on here robust! Maybe ive spent too much time debating on Twitter, Farcebook, DS and other social media Im immune I dunno. Most of those you mention stuck around for yonks and some of them chucked some proper abuse before throwing their toys out of the pram and throwing a flounce. I can honestly say hand on heart in three years I dont know of a single remainer who has done a flounce over Brexit. And they call us remainers wet liberal types. I wish I had made a list of some of the things ive had said to me in the past three years. Blimey! Including death wishes and even death threats.

I wasnt going to reply but youve mentioned it three times now and to be honest Im a bit sick of the blame being laid at a few people having a civilised debate on a restricted section of a forum in one thread for the demise of this forum and for members leaving.

Well Barry whether you agree or not people have left this forum for the reasons I have said,and along with the owners of the site it is slowly destroying a once fantastic Motorhome forum that I for one am very sad about.
HurricaneSmith likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page