cabby - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 79Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-03-2019, 03:13 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
JanHank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East Germany, I can see Poland from my windows.
My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Posts: 8,842
Thanks: 365
Thanked 514 Times in 467 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo662 View Post
I have only just seen this thread,as I don`t come on here as often as I used to
because there only seems to be threads about Brexit.
Thank you Jan and Paul,I would love to see Phil posting again,he has been missed.
Come off it John, there is only one, lots of other things are being talked about, how's your prostate for instance
dghr272 likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
JanHank is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 21:55
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,009
Thanks: 389
Thanked 123 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
You do realise it was Phil (Cabby) who started the (only) Brexit Facts thread.

Yes I do realise that Barry,and if you look back he got ganged up on for voicing his opinion like many others have and most have dissappeared because of that.
HurricaneSmith and Mrplodd like this.
jo662 is offline  
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 21:57
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,009
Thanks: 389
Thanked 123 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
Come off it John, there is only one, lots of other things are being talked about, how's your prostate for instance

My prostate is fine at the moment thanks Jan.

Im finding it difficult to find the `lots of things being talked about` Jan!
jo662 is offline  
 
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 22:00
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,009
Thanks: 389
Thanked 123 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
You do realise it was Phil (Cabby) who started the (only) Brexit Facts thread.

And,there may only be one titled Brexit thread,but the subject seems to appear on alot of other threads.
Matchlock likes this.
jo662 is offline  
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 22:21 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
JanHank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East Germany, I can see Poland from my windows.
My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Posts: 8,842
Thanks: 365
Thanked 514 Times in 467 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo662 View Post
My prostate is fine at the moment thanks Jan.

Im finding it difficult to find the `lots of things being talked about` Jan!
It depends on what you are interested in, I must admit not much for me to contribute to-- Tomtom, TV stuff, reversing cameras, toads , driving permits, Motorhomes for sale, a few people saying Hello, but only one thread that has the B word in the title, wherever it has been mentioned in other threads it has not been by the major people who participate in the B thread.

Now think of something you would like to discuss, gas heaters, gas ovens, what and how to store in the garage or even how tall should I build a port to put my motor home in, this is your forum as well so start a thread about something you´re interested in.
I do my very best but unfortunately its only trivial things.
Pudsey_Bear and jo662 like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
JanHank is online now  
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 22:27
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,009
Thanks: 389
Thanked 123 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
It depends on what you are interested in, I must admit not much for me to contribute to-- Tomtom, TV stuff, reversing cameras, toads , driving permits, Motorhomes for sale, a few people saying Hello, but only one thread that has the B word in the title, wherever it has been mentioned in other threads it has not been by the major people who participate in the B thread.

Now think of something you would like to discuss, gas heaters, gas ovens, what and how to store in the garage or even how tall should I build a port to put my motor home in, this is your forum as well so start a thread about something you´re interested in.
I do my very best but unfortunately its only trivial things.


You do seem to be one of the only shining lights on here Jan so I will try and find something on here to bring me back to the forum more often.
jo662 is offline  
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 23:27
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,009
Thanks: 389
Thanked 123 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
It depends on what you are interested in, I must admit not much for me to contribute to-- Tomtom, TV stuff, reversing cameras, toads , driving permits, Motorhomes for sale, a few people saying Hello, but only one thread that has the B word in the title, wherever it has been mentioned in other threads it has not been by the major people who participate in the B thread.

Now think of something you would like to discuss, gas heaters, gas ovens, what and how to store in the garage or even how tall should I build a port to put my motor home in, this is your forum as well so start a thread about something you´re interested in.
I do my very best but unfortunately its only trivial things.


Just a quick question though Jan.
So you have not noticed the slow migration of members leaving after being ganged up on on the Brexit thread.
Gemmy,Mgdavid,Siggie,Mygalsal,Revise,747,Nickoff,x gx and Yarmouth to name the ones I remember to voice a different opinion.If it wasnt for Peribro it would be a one sided thread!
jo662 is offline  
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 23:44
Senior Member
 
barryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Posts: 26,681
Thanks: 295
Thanked 976 Times in 841 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo662 View Post
Just a quick question though Jan.
So you have not noticed the slow migration of members leaving after being ganged up on on the Brexit thread.
Gemmy,Mgdavid,Siggie,Mygalsal,Revise,747,Nickoff,x gx and Yarmouth to name the ones I remember to voice a different opinion.If it wasnt for Peribro it would be a one sided thread!
Ganged up on? What are they? A bunch of Snowflakes or summat? You can hardly call any of the debates on here robust! Maybe ive spent too much time debating on Twitter, Farcebook, DS and other social media Im immune I dunno. Most of those you mention stuck around for yonks and some of them chucked some proper abuse before throwing their toys out of the pram and throwing a flounce. I can honestly say hand on heart in three years I dont know of a single remainer who has done a flounce over Brexit. And they call us remainers wet liberal types. I wish I had made a list of some of the things ive had said to me in the past three years. Blimey! Including death wishes and even death threats.

I wasnt going to reply but youve mentioned it three times now and to be honest Im a bit sick of the blame being laid at a few people having a civilised debate on a restricted section of a forum in one thread for the demise of this forum and for members leaving.
caulkhead and JanHank like this.


Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
barryd is online now  
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 23:48 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
JanHank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East Germany, I can see Poland from my windows.
My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Posts: 8,842
Thanks: 365
Thanked 514 Times in 467 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo662 View Post
Just a quick question though Jan.
So you have not noticed the slow migration of members leaving after being ganged up on on the Brexit thread.
Gemmy,Mgdavid,Siggie,Mygalsal,Revise,747,Nickoff,x gx and Yarmouth to name the ones I remember to voice a different opinion.If it wasnt for Peribro it would be a one sided thread!
I have heard these things John and all I can say is they must have had a very weak argument to back out of such an important issue if they had felt strongly about it. There has been one thread only, as I said before and if anyone has left the forum because of just one thread I find that ridiculous behaviour for an adult. I recognise some of the names, but as I have only taken real interest in the thread over the past few months most of those names I don't remember seeing there.

I see Barry has just reared his head He's probably put it into better words that me.

I get cross with people about training dogs sometimes, but I don't leave the forum because they don't agree with me.
barryd likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
JanHank is online now  
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 23:51
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,009
Thanks: 389
Thanked 123 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Ganged up on? What are they? A bunch of Snowflakes or summat? You can hardly call any of the debates on here robust! Maybe ive spent too much time debating on Twitter, Farcebook, DS and other social media Im immune I dunno. Most of those you mention stuck around for yonks and some of them chucked some proper abuse before throwing their toys out of the pram and throwing a flounce. I can honestly say hand on heart in three years I dont know of a single remainer who has done a flounce over Brexit. And they call us remainers wet liberal types. I wish I had made a list of some of the things ive had said to me in the past three years. Blimey! Including death wishes and even death threats.

I wasnt going to reply but youve mentioned it three times now and to be honest Im a bit sick of the blame being laid at a few people having a civilised debate on a restricted section of a forum in one thread for the demise of this forum and for members leaving.

Well Barry whether you agree or not people have left this forum for the reasons I have said,and along with the owners of the site it is slowly destroying a once fantastic Motorhome forum that I for one am very sad about.
HurricaneSmith likes this.
jo662 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome