Noisy French Yet Again :( - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 13-01-2019, 11:03 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Autocruise Startrail
Personal Aire
Noisy French Yet Again :(

We are now camping near Milizac on a near deserted campsite, just the odd caravan here and there sometimes visited by the French.

We had a caravan next to us on the pitch we were given. At 9.45pm two cars turned up for 15 minutes and left which we thought rather odd, but then at 3.45AM they returned (3 girls) obviously having been clubbing it. They were anything but quiet, waking us both and without doubt they knew we were not happy.

I am not one to hold a grudge (aye reet) so at 8am I decided to check the water and oil in the van and decided to turn the engine over and give it what would be described as a damn good revving up . That completed I realised the interior of the van needed a good vaccing out, but I like to do that whilst singing along to the radio and for good measure I opened the windows to air the van out. Unbelievably it woke the girls up shame !!

This was Saturday morning so I decided we would move to a quieter area just in case they went out Saturday night.....which they did but luckily we never heard them last night.
I rand the chap from reception at home as he does not work sat or sun and he apologised for the disturbance, wait until I ask him for a nights rebate for the disturbance, I will see him tomorrow (Monday)

If it's one thing I cannot stand is no consideration for other people.

Dave
patp, Penquin, raynipper and 3 others like this.

We LOVE Our "MO"

Dave & Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 13-01-2019, 11:09

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Did you test the horn before moving off as apparently required in some obscure part of the Road Traffic Act which requires the driver to endure that such things as all lights, horn and brakes work before moving off ?

It does not explain how to test the brakes while stationary neither is it apparently legal to use your headlights or horn while not moving but......

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 14-01-2019, 13:58

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
You should have let them listen to the Great Man and his Drum - nobody sleeps through this -------

DJMotorhomer likes this.

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 14-01-2019, 14:30

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Noisy French (yet again)?

Out of all the different nationalities I have come across the French have to be the quietest and most well behaved. Most of them are in bed by 9:30pm and you can hear a pin drop on most aires. Its another reason I dont use campsites though as you never know what you will get next to you.

Do you not think your actions were a bit petty? Should have gone round with a bottle or two and continued the party.
iandsm, chasper and MeFeinMcCabe like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 14-01-2019, 14:44

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Pefect response Barry, on a site in Caylus we had a really loud snoring tenter beside us.

Lovely couple who we befriended, and shared lots of after dinner drinks.

RESULT ........ he collapsed into his tent and passed out without a snort all night.

Terry
barryd and raynipper like this.

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Testiculi ad Brexitam
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 14-01-2019, 17:02

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Well lets face it we have all crashed home at 3:30am making a right old racket, kicking over the bins, trying to open the door of the wrong house (van) havent we? hopefully its over quickly.

Biggest thing that annoys me in close proximity to other vans is these people who think its a good idea to wire up their van stereos to the TV / radio etc so what you get outside is a loud booming bass which if course they cant hear.
KeithChesterfield likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 14-01-2019, 17:25

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
We don't often use campsites when abroad but we stayed on one once and there was a right old din in the middle of the night.

A woman shouting and screaming, knocking things over, banging her fists on almost every Motorhome on the site.

She woke almost everyone up.

I really must get the wife a torch when she goes to the toilet block after dark .......

greygit, Penquin, chasper and 7 others like this.

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g

Last edited by KeithChesterfield; 14-01-2019 at 17:30.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 14-01-2019, 19:28

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithChesterfield View Post
We don't often use campsites when abroad but we stayed on one once and there was a right old din in the middle of the night.

A woman shouting and screaming, knocking things over, banging her fists on almost every Motorhome on the site.

She woke almost everyone up.

I really must get the wife a torch when she goes to the toilet block after dark .......

Put her on a choke-chain and let her pee next to the MH then she cannot get lost.
Pudsey_Bear likes this.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 14-01-2019, 21:44 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Autocruise Startrail
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Noisy French (yet again)?

Out of all the different nationalities I have come across the French have to be the quietest and most well behaved. Most of them are in bed by 9:30pm and you can hear a pin drop on most aires. Its another reason I dont use campsites though as you never know what you will get next to you.

Do you not think your actions were a bit petty? Should have gone round with a bottle or two and continued the party.
Petty !! I am a great believer in "Do unto other as they would do unto you"

I am always considerate to others, If someone is inconsiderate to me I give them their own medicine....never fails.

Dave
raynipper likes this.

We LOVE Our "MO"

Dave & Jan
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 20-01-2019, 09:19

My Motorhome: Rapido 891m
Dj is spot on 👍They are noisy buggers. I'm on campsite at le bo, and all I can here is French shouting and shovelling of snow at 8 am,church bells ringing,Sundays should be a day of rest😀 Well I shall go and join in the fun and see what the neighbours think of ac/dc road to hell😱

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page