Travel Insurance - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 21-11-2018, 18:37 Thread Starter

Travel Insurance

We have cover with our Nationwide account but had to upgrade it for Chris's health issues. I was quite happy with the quote to cover his heart and lung conditions for a ninety day single trip. It was about £340 extra.

Then I remembered that Papworth, on discharging him, said they were sending a letter to his GP for an echocardiogram, a CT scan and sputum test to be done just to make sure his chest infection had fully cleared up. (Why Papworth could not have done these tests is beyond me). To be honest we thought that the GP had shelved the idea, of more tests, due to Chris not chasing them up.
Ah! thinks I. This is a good reason for them to dodge any future claim because they might say that he was still "under treatment".
I gave the broker a ring and, sure enough, the underwriters class these follow up tests as being on a waiting list or something like that. They cancelled his cover and kept a large chunk of the premium due to it being over 14 days since we took it out!

Have I ever said how much I hate insurance companies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 21-11-2018, 18:41

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
That seems very harsh Pat when you haven't actually been using the cover on a trip.

How long ago did you take it out?

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page