Nuke-Motorhome training courses - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 14:59

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
Well been a while since i was last here but someone pointed out this post so i had to remember my password, pay a subscription just to reply lol
Oh how the mighty have fallen !

Anyway

People asking who am I to teach etc, well

I have a national diploma in electrical engineering, City & Guilds in Electronics, 2 year stint as an Instructor in the Navy, 15 years experience with Motorhomes, 2.5 of which were living on a van touring Europe, 10 years experience selling accessories to Motorhome owners, 6 years running a workshop servicing and repairing and fitting accessories to Motorhomes where I am the lead fitter.

I am Acops trained for 12v/230v/Gas in relation to Motorhomes,
Truma / Thetford / Alde / Teleco / Telair / Oyster / Thetford / Dometic trained and approved, Regional Centre of Excellence for Satfi Systems and have worked on innumerable vans over the last 6 years diagnosing, fitting, repairing them.

I "think" I have sufficient experience nowadays to pass on tidbits of info lol

The reasoning behind the course has roots in customers who roll up to our workshop for work on their vehicle having bought a new van and realising they don't really know much about how it actually operates. This stems from a none standardised handover system within the UK Motorhome Industry and also customer arrives for their handover at dealers, one of them or the sole customer is very nervous as they are anticipating driving most likely the most expensive and largest vehicle they have ever driven and so topped up with excitement of the whole event they most likely absorb 20-30% of what the Salesman relays to them at the handover.

Quite often we pick up the pieces in workshops in that customers arrive and in quite a few cases don't know about how the charging systems operate, how consumption works, how water is emptied and filled, how to turn the heating on and so on and so we spend quite a lot of time with them trying to educate them into using their vans safely.

Some customers had asked why I didn't operate seminars to do a similar thing and hence http://www.motorhomeacademy.com was born !

1 day "Introduction to Motorhomes" is the title and the course will be capped at 10 and last all day and go through basics from types of vans and through motorhome technical operation and appliances etc.
Yes there will be catalogues, handouts, flyers and also a copy of a book I have been writing off and on for seemingly years and yes hopefully the attendees will come away from the course with the impression that we are professional, knowledgeable and courteous and may return with new vans in the future which will be an added benefit.

Nice to see some familiar names floating around, any questions let me know via PM etc

cya for now
Dave
LadyJ and LadyJ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 16:14

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 22:54

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
Thanks for the heads up Dave.I cannot believe that you could not use 5 free posts.

cabby

Yes am still here.

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 23:01

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Thanks for the explanation I have to say it surprises me but then some people do not like asking questions and I still think recording the handover on video makes the dealer think a lot more....

Good luck to you on that.....

You might like to contact VS 'cos you are still heavily involved in the joining process including sending out welcome messages - not bad as a non-member is not supposed to be allowed to use the PM system.....

Seriously though, there is a lot on the old page which needs to be pruned away as it is years out of date....

Dave

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 14-02-2017, 18:48

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,003 Times in 868 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeadmin View Post
Well been a while since i was last here but someone pointed out this post so i had to remember my password, pay a subscription just to reply lol
Oh how the mighty have fallen !

Anyway

People asking who am I to teach etc, well

I have a national diploma in electrical engineering, City & Guilds in Electronics, 2 year stint as an Instructor in the Navy, 15 years experience with Motorhomes, 2.5 of which were living on a van touring Europe, 10 years experience selling accessories to Motorhome owners, 6 years running a workshop servicing and repairing and fitting accessories to Motorhomes where I am the lead fitter.

I am Acops trained for 12v/230v/Gas in relation to Motorhomes,
Truma / Thetford / Alde / Teleco / Telair / Oyster / Thetford / Dometic trained and approved, Regional Centre of Excellence for Satfi Systems and have worked on innumerable vans over the last 6 years diagnosing, fitting, repairing them.

I "think" I have sufficient experience nowadays to pass on tidbits of info lol

The reasoning behind the course has roots in customers who roll up to our workshop for work on their vehicle having bought a new van and realising they don't really know much about how it actually operates. This stems from a none standardised handover system within the UK Motorhome Industry and also customer arrives for their handover at dealers, one of them or the sole customer is very nervous as they are anticipating driving most likely the most expensive and largest vehicle they have ever driven and so topped up with excitement of the whole event they most likely absorb 20-30% of what the Salesman relays to them at the handover.

Quite often we pick up the pieces in workshops in that customers arrive and in quite a few cases don't know about how the charging systems operate, how consumption works, how water is emptied and filled, how to turn the heating on and so on and so we spend quite a lot of time with them trying to educate them into using their vans safely.

Some customers had asked why I didn't operate seminars to do a similar thing and hence http://www.motorhomeacademy.com was born !

1 day "Introduction to Motorhomes" is the title and the course will be capped at 10 and last all day and go through basics from types of vans and through motorhome technical operation and appliances etc.
Yes there will be catalogues, handouts, flyers and also a copy of a book I have been writing off and on for seemingly years and yes hopefully the attendees will come away from the course with the impression that we are professional, knowledgeable and courteous and may return with new vans in the future which will be an added benefit.

Nice to see some familiar names floating around, any questions let me know via PM etc

cya for now
Dave

Never mind all that. Now that your here can you transfer the campsite database and all the other stuff to VS please? Shouldnt take you long.

Oh and sort out the passwords and login issues while your on.

Cheers
nukeadmin and nukeadmin like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 14-02-2017, 22:02

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Never mind all that. Now that your here can you transfer the campsite database and all the other stuff to VS please? Shouldnt take you long.

Oh and sort out the passwords and login issues while your on.

Cheers
He may require a fee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page