Knowledge lost missing members - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 20:16 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Knowledge lost missing members

I know I have been off for a while whilst we built the extension.

When I came back I have noticed that quite a number of very knowledgeable long standing members are no longer posting, have they left?

I am thinking of Teemyob(Trev), Trek, Rosalan etc, plenty more.

Paul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 21:49

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppo View Post
I know I have been off for a while whilst we built the extension.

When I came back I have noticed that quite a number of very knowledgeable long standing members are no longer posting, have they left?

I am thinking of Teemyob(Trev), Trek, Rosalan etc, plenty more.

Paul.

He sold - trouble with neighbours or summat. I think he came back to post about a smaller MH but then it went quiet - this is from memory so don't quote me.

Geoff
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 21:51 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
He sold - trouble with neighbours or summat. I think he came back to post about a smaller MH but then it went quiet - this is from memory so don't quote me.

Geoff

Yes Geoff and I have just heard he(Teemyob) has bought another MH and is now only a member on FUN, along with Rosalan, not sure about all the others.

Paul.
The Following User Says Thank You to coppo For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (09-02-2017)

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 23:16

My Motorhome: A big black & white one
And I am certain there are more that will be going as their subs come up for renewal.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 08:06

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggie View Post
And I am certain there are more that will be going as their subs come up for renewal.
Can you substantiate that assumption? Or are you arbitrarily applying your opinions to the rest of the membership?

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanHymer View Post
Can you substantiate that assumption? Or are you arbitrarily applying your opinions to the rest of the membership?
All you have to do is look at some of the posts over the past few months, especially in the threads directed towards VS.

Depending on what is defined by the OP as long standing or knowledgable determines if my post is an 'assumption' or a 'fact', but I guarantee that there will be some here that will not be renewing their subs.
HermanHymer and HermanHymer like this.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 09:47

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Sadly, and without wishing to pour petrol onto an already well ignited bonfire, Siggie has stated a very real likelihood, several people have already said that unless VS reacts positively to the suggestions and offers of assistance made towards the improvements and modifications needed for the forum they will be voting with their feet.

You only have to look back through the threads as suggested to establish the accuracy of that sad state of affairs.

We keep on being promised that a review is under way and that they will get back to us within a week / a month or similar and then that person is rarely heard from again, I can only assume that after using their initiative and making such outrageous a suggestion as to show that they CARE they have been given a sideways promotion and put in charge of one of the other VS run forums like "Tractors in Alaska" or "Luxembourg Marine farmers" or other such vital forums.....

I cannot think of any other reason why we don't hear anything (OK that's a fib 'cos I can but there is no need to pour that petrol is there?).

Dave

PS I don't THINK VS actually does those two "other" forums, but who knows...... ?

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 09:54

I don't think VS will be to blame for some people that may leave, the site works well as a forum. No, some may leave because the atmosphere here is not what it was in the past and there are other sources of helpful motorhoming information available out there where such biterness is not tolerated!
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 10:05

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Dave, you will recall, there was a discussion earlier this year that a number of members WOULDN'T be leaving just yet - too much of real value (to them) would be lost. It all depend on what your expectations are. Honestly I have no hassles about the state of the forum - yes it's a bit heath robinson now but it works for what I want it for and I never have hassles logging in (except when they had the major leak and subsequent universal password change) even though I'm viewing from darkest Africa. It's too easy to blame the forum for any number of technology hiccups that can occur on its fibre journey from the other side of the world. I just think Siggie's comment was counter-productive and I'm sure (some) others will agree, we do not want to hasten MHF's demise by demoralising those who don't necessarily feel as he does yet. Yes VS treat us like a cow for milking but they bought it and they can do what they want with it, or nothing. Yes they do get 12.50 a year from each of us, but it's hardly a fortune is it? They don't have the option to apply expensive people resources to it for that kind of money. They are in business not do-gooders for MHF members. We can like it or lump it. That's the way it is. Nothing is going to change and the forum probably won't be able to justify its existence in its current format for much longer. Trouble is there is no COMPARABLE alternative.
teljoy, teljoy, Penquin and 9 others like this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 10:50

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Well VS have announced that they have upped the number of free postings for Joiners who have not yet Subscribed from 5 to 150. This has partially done what barryd has been pushing them towards for a long time. Maybe they are noticing a drop in Subscriptions sufficient for them to take action. At least that is one thing they have done but many still left unattended to - and not even replied to.

Geoff

EDIT I have just checked and the free posts have indeed been upped to 150
Penquin, Penquin, chasper and 3 others like this.

Last edited by nicholsong; 10-02-2017 at 10:53.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholsong For This Useful Post:
graff (10-02-2017), raynipper (10-02-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page