Knowledge lost missing members - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 15:26

Send a message via MSN to suedew
Bob on here every couple of days or so to see what some of you have been up to. otherwise find quick help more readily available elsewhere.
Having said that, not at all sure what i will do when subscription runs out. It took a lot of input from members before I could access the site again after paying the last lot.
Think the OP has a valid point, will 150 posts as a starter help, I don't know, Sad so sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 16:16

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedew View Post
Bob on here every couple of days or so to see what some of you have been up to. otherwise find quick help more readily available elsewhere.
Having said that, not at all sure what i will do when subscription runs out. It took a lot of input from members before I could access the site again after paying the last lot.
Think the OP has a valid point, will 150 posts as a starter help, I don't know, Sad so sad.
Then you should stay, and help to make it better, anyone who leaves makes it worse for those who have faith and stay to make it work.

Sorry, I sound like I'm having a pop, but only stating the obvious really, I will stay to turn out the lights when everyone else has given up.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 17:27

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,078 Times in 936 Posts
Personal Aire
Im not leaving.

Nobody else will have me.
suedew, suedew, raynipper and 3 others like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 17:43

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Im not leaving.

Nobody else will have me.

Tis my reason for staying too, plus I can avoid that 747 bloke on here bless im
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 21:54

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
I do note very few 'New Subscriptions' at the top of the log-in page. Just one today. Hardly encouraging.
I looked at 'Fun' but found it confusing and a whole new learning curve. I guess I'm just too lazy to move.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 22:34

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Dave

You misbelieving 'old sod' - I said in my EDIT that I had checked it.

Now got to Tools> User CP> Paid subscriptions

In column for Regular Members you will see at 'Posts' - 150

Then report to back to me

Geoff
Geoff,

I am not disbelieving you in the slightest, neither will I check as you suggest since I trust you implicitly, I am hurt, cut to the quick (at least I would be if I knew where that was) that you think I mistrusted your comment.....

Go back and read what I posted, I simply had not looked at the thread that you mentioned and I had not looked because even if I had there would have been nothing that I could do to help someone locked out.

Nothing more or less than that.....

Dave

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to Penquin For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (11-02-2017)
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 16:21

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz View Post
Then you should stay, and help to make it better, anyone who leaves makes it worse for those who have faith and stay to make it work.

Sorry, I sound like I'm having a pop, but only stating the obvious really, I will stay to turn out the lights when everyone else has given up.
But I haven't gone, there is so little movement that some days I find it hard to find anything to respond to.
Should start a new thread, in fact will do that see what interest/activity it generates.
Facts was my introduction to motorhome forums, although not to motorhoming.
It really irks me that the firm which has taken it over does not seem interested in anything other than the revenue.
Admire Jacquie et al who continue to work so hard to keep things going, but without new members and support from the top don't know how long it will keep going.
Just because I am a member of more than one forum does not mean I don't care, have more than one bank account and don't think I am being unloyal to any of them.
Right off to think of a new thread.
Sue
LadyJ, LadyJ, Pudsey_Bear and 1 others like this.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 16:37

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedew View Post
I

It really irks me that the firm which has taken it over does not seem interested in anything other than the revenue.

Sue
They have provided the conduit, it is up to motor homers to make it into a forum. I cannot see how it will ever be that without an 'owner' , a team of moderators and keen members.
In the past it was the rally group who held it all together, or the rally group grew out of a keen membership. In my opinion those days when MHF got over a 100 units at its Global Rally are gone.

Last edited by rayc; 12-02-2017 at 16:42.
The Following User Says Thank You to rayc For This Useful Post:
suedew (12-02-2017)
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc View Post
They have provided the conduit, it is up to motor homers to make it into a forum. I cannot see how it will ever be that without an 'owner' , a team of moderators and keen members.
In the past it was the rally group who held it all together, or the rally group grew out of a keen membership. In my opinion those days when MHF got over a 100 units at its Global Rally are gone.
I am with you there Ray, like many I got so frustrated trying to get on site or find a rally page, doubr we will ever get back to anything near what this group was.
Learned so much from those wiser than myself, so many reminders too can't look at a watering can without thinking of Uncle Norman.
rayc and rayc like this.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 19:09

I've been on here a few years, sometimes I'll say something useful, but often I'll just read the threads

Over the past couple of years I reckon that there are more and more threads complaining, about VS mainly, but complaining about more and more non-MH matters.

My time on here has reduced radically over the last 6 months or more since I stopped working and I'm very likely not going to renew my subs in September, especially as I spend so much more time on MHOwners as are an increasing number of Facts members ��

It's a shame as the site was a wonderful place to be on with a wealth of knowledge, I think I'll have to blame Nuke for selling ��

MHO.

www.motorhomeowners.org

WWW . MOTORHOMEOWNERS .ORG

http://www.motorhomeowners.org/

100% FREE and NO ADVERTS

Never yet met a Yank I couldn't take an immediate dislike to.

Burstner Nexxo T660

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page