Best time to buy a Motorhome? - Page 6 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 164 (permalink) Old 18-01-2017, 19:08

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
I noticed that Webbs have a good selection of vans, have you looked at Southdown's in Portsmouth and of course Premier in Chichester.If you are restricted by width as well be careful of Bailey brand as they are wider I believe.

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 164 (permalink) Old 18-01-2017, 19:33 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby View Post
I noticed that Webbs have a good selection of vans, have you looked at Southdown's in Portsmouth and of course Premier in Chichester.If you are restricted by width as well be careful of Bailey brand as they are wider I believe.
I am looking at Dolphin in Southampton, cheers I will look at Southdowns & Premier
My eldest son lives in Eastleigh so I have somewhere to stay whilst looking around

Barry
post #53 of 164 (permalink) Old 18-01-2017, 19:42

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock View Post
I am looking at Dolphin in Southampton, cheers I will look at Southdowns & Premier
My eldest son lives in Eastleigh so I have somewhere to stay whilst looking around
I went into Dolphin at at Christchurch last weekend. What are you looking at, I know less than 7m and LH side habitation door but not much else?

post #54 of 164 (permalink) Old 18-01-2017, 19:42

My Motorhome: Globecar Campscout
Send a message via AIM to MEES
Yes it's more of a boudoir suitable for lounging.
You can stretch out on beds or sometimes we put pillows or cushions against the rear doors/ bed head and sit with feet up.
The TVs bracket rotates so tv can be viewed from beds or from the cab seats ( which recline) with feet up on dinette seat.
There is easy access to toilet from either bed to toilet with absolutely no movement to disturb the other.
This is important to us as I'm up and down all night.
The sliding doors separate bedroom from front seats/ kitchen and we use them if I can't sleep and get up early.
In the rear boot we travel loads of gear including a full awning for longer stays and a folding electric bike. Husbands bike travels on bike rack.
My point is it was only when we saw this van and decided to have a look that we realised it would work for us. We weren't even really looking at panel vans !

Enjoying our motorhome travels in UK and Europe looking forward to our new van a Globemaster campscout
post #55 of 164 (permalink) Old 18-01-2017, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEES View Post
We have downsized to a 6.3 meter Globecar campscout.
Margaret
Yes they seem to be a 'cut' above some other panel vans for innovation on use of space but there seems to be quite a difference in this depending on model and or year . Which is yours please ?
interested for a friend has been teetering on the brink of trading in his caravan for a few months now , I want to push him over the edge so that he accompany me to France .
post #56 of 164 (permalink) Old 18-01-2017, 23:38

Ours is 3 yrs old and has the Comformatic gearbox and the central shower.
The shower seems odd but works fine we don't use the shower curtain to separate shower from toilet and washbasin.
We just 'wipe down' after a shower.
You can also put the shower head through the bathroom window and shower off person or dog outside.

Enjoying our motorhome travels in UK and Europe looking forward to our new van a Globemaster campscout
post #57 of 164 (permalink) Old 18-01-2017, 23:57

Three yrs old with Comformatic gear box.
Gretchibald and Gretchibald like this.

post #58 of 164 (permalink) Old 19-01-2017, 11:26 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc View Post
I went into Dolphin at at Christchurch last weekend. What are you looking at, I know less than 7m and LH side habitation door but not much else?
We do not want transverse double sleeping so would prefer singles and we consider fixed beds a waste of usable space in a small motorhome.
If I did not have the length restriction the above would not matter so much, suppose I could sell the house and buy one with more parking space (mortgage ends next month) but that may be too drastic.

A rear lounge would be good but again due to the limited length these tend to transverse sleeping, the elddis I looked at the other week was quite appealing as a front lounge which could be made into singles.
http://www.venture-caravans.com/vehicle/impressa-175.

I suppose its just a case of keep looking, I will now its the one I want as soon as I see it!

Barry
post #59 of 164 (permalink) Old 19-01-2017, 11:41

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock View Post
We do not want transverse double sleeping so would prefer singles and we consider fixed beds a waste of usable space in a small motorhome.
If I did not have the length restriction the above would not matter so much, suppose I could sell the house and buy one with more parking space (mortgage ends next month) but that may be too drastic.

A rear lounge would be good but again due to the limited length these tend to transverse sleeping, the elddis I looked at the other week was quite appealing as a front lounge which could be made into singles.
http://www.venture-caravans.com/vehicle/impressa-175.

I suppose its just a case of keep looking, I will now its the one I want as soon as I see it!
We're moving mainly due to not having enough width on the drive, some MoHos will go up it others don;t due to the height of the van and the tilt on the drive, so only considering houses with MoHo friendly drives now, I'd like to find one with a double garage and enough width on the drive to get a bike in and out without doing the butterflies routine.
post #60 of 164 (permalink) Old 19-01-2017, 11:47

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
We wanted permanent beds, I did not want all that putting beds away and out again in the evening.Too tiring and wanted somewhere to crash out if needs be.

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page