Euro rate - Page 10 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

255Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 393 (permalink) Old 24-11-2016, 23:05

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby View Post
Oh my lord, just how many polls have we had on this Brexit.I thought we only had, one before and another one after, the Poll that resulted in the UK deciding that it did not want to stay in the EU. This obviously upset many people to the extent that comments on here have provoked responses that should have either not been said or made less difficult to just shrug off.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and post it as they wish, but not to the detriment to others.
I do not expect this forum to be PC, heavens above that would be bloody boring, but can we stop the bickering and sniping just to gain points.Can we at least be polite and understand that some members have different understandings to us.

cabby

AND, can we bicker on the OFFICIAL thread rather than CONTAMINATING every other goddam thread with the moaners griping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 393 (permalink) Old 25-11-2016, 08:30

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Are there OFFICIAL threads on MHF?
raynipper and raynipper like this.
post #93 of 393 (permalink) Old 25-11-2016, 08:53

My Motorhome: Adria Compact SLS
Back on original topic. Caxton showing 1.1495 Euro to the pound.
Mrplodd and Mrplodd like this.

post #94 of 393 (permalink) Old 25-11-2016, 09:11

Andy, you, and others, have said this "In a democratic society the minority accept the majorities wishes. " and other versions of it many times.

I think this is where the disagreement between us originates. You appear to be saying in that phrase, and other versions of it, that you think that once the referendum result was announced that should have ended the matter.

I, and others, believe that is to ignore the fact that the referendum was advisory only, and several other important considerations surrounding the vote. It ignores the fact that we still have no idea what brexit will actually entail and the fact that our PM has been trying to avoid allowing Parliament to debate the topic preferring to begin the process of taking the UK out of the EU on her own signature. Many Brexiters are content apparently to ignore these dubiously democratic considerations and concentrate on just one aspect, the referendum result.

I'm saying that while I accept the result, how could I not? It's a matter of fact. I don't think the matter ends there. In politics everything is up for reconsideration, that's democracy, as you know.

We are all free to express our views in the hope that they may prevail, that's democracy too.

So I'll be very happy to discuss the issues and developments with anybody but it would go better if all the Brexiters would follow your excellent example and allow that remainers are entitled to hold and express views, even if the Brexiters don't agree with them.
barryd and barryd like this.

Last edited by erneboy; 25-11-2016 at 09:43.
post #95 of 393 (permalink) Old 25-11-2016, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Andy, you, and others, have said this "In a democratic society the minority accept the majorities wishes. " and other versions of it many times.

I think this is where the disagreement between us originates. You appear to be saying in that phrase, and other versions of it, that you think that once the referendum result was announced that should have ended the matter.

I, and others, believe that is to ignore the fact that the referendum was advisory only, and several other important considerations surrounding the vote. It ignores the fact that we still have no idea what brexit will actually entail and the fact that our PM has been trying to avoid allowing Parliament to debate the topic preferring to begin the process of taking the UK out of the EU on her own signature. Many Brexiters are content apparently to ignore these dubiously democratic considerations and concentrate on just one aspect, the referendum result.

I'm saying that while I accept the result, how could I not? It's a matter of fact. I don't think the matter ends there. In politics everything is up for reconsideration, that's democracy, as you know.

We are all free to express our views in the hope that they may prevail, that's democracy too.

So I'll be very happy to discuss the issues and developments with anybody but it would go better if all the Brexiters would follow your excellent example and allow that remainers are entitled to hold and express views, even if the Brexiters don't agree with them.

Why don't you put a sock in it, I hate saying this to anyone, but you just don't know when to dry up.
GEMMY, GEMMY, chasper and 7 others like this.

Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend

I would prefer to say that I am British rather than European.
post #96 of 393 (permalink) Old 25-11-2016, 10:50

You don't hate saying it. You've been saying the equivalent to anybody who defends their right to express an opinion on Brexit for weeks.
post #97 of 393 (permalink) Old 25-11-2016, 12:01

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
I do not see the point of a thread talking about exchange rates and drifting into politics.

There are lots of factors that affect exchange rates - economic, bank rates, short-selling, George Soros and the like.

If you want to know the rate you will get go onto the website where you do your exchange.

I have noted this week that the rate betweeen the £ and the Polish Sloty has been worse in the morning than the afternoon. I moved some money last evening - the rate is worse this morning. I gained 1% - peanuts, but it pays for a bottle of Cava for when Basia comes home tomorrow. That is more important in life IMO.

Geoff
cabby, cabby, emjaiuk and 3 others like this.
post #98 of 393 (permalink) Old 25-11-2016, 14:05

My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne 696G
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexblack13 View Post
Best way of thinking Sandra..

Don't you just hate politicians?

Hope you both continue to keep well.

Me? ... Disappointed with this forum. What happened to discussing good old MoHo topics etc? Just about had it 'listening' to all the crap flying about.

Probably time to go now.

Best wishes to everyone on the run up to Xmas, and a safe, happy and above all healthy 2017..

Esp' you guys Sandra. You both deserve it.

Alex...

Where in hell has this expression 'MoHo' come from?????? I am seeing it everywhere........... Awful expression!!

THERE!! That is my opinion - democratically made!
Drew, Drew, erneboy and 3 others like this.
post #99 of 393 (permalink) Old 25-11-2016, 15:35

My Motorhome: Knaus Ski Ti 700meb
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_n_Flo View Post
Where in hell has this expression 'MoHo' come from?????? I am seeing it everywhere........... Awful expression!!

You are easily distressed!! By an abbreviated word??? (not an expression) But... Always nice to see someone with a good gripe. Well worth it too. What is this wold coming to when people will not fully write out the full words.. Tisc tisc tisc.

Mohos.. That's what this forum should be all about.. Moho's. NOT POLITICS.

Great fun these Mohos But why we bother with this Moho forum god knows.

The hatred is really something now. Shining through loud and clear. Not for me though. Not anymore.

Another member ..... GONE.. Congratulations...

Hey Sandra..

We are off this forum now so just a quick all the best to yourself and Albert. We wish you all the luck and good health possible..

Take care and sorry to say.... Goodbye Sandra.

Alex black..
The Following User Says Thank You to alexblack13 For This Useful Post:
chasper (25-11-2016)
post #100 of 393 (permalink) Old 25-11-2016, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_n_Flo View Post

I'll "Grass" if he doesn't own up.

Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend

I would prefer to say that I am British rather than European.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page