Outdoor cooking - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 31-10-2016, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
Hi Grizzly

Hadn't seen the grill plate, but it looks good.

I presume the fat doesn't drip onto the stove itself?? It sounds as if there's an integral drip tray, but it isn't very clear from the description.

Next purchase imminent I fear!!

Dave

No. Basically it's a non-stick domed top with a drip tray gutter all the way round the outside. The fat runs off the food and into the drip tray from where it can be drained at the end. The drip tray can be separated for easier washing up. X years of use and the surface is still pristine; non-stick and not stained.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grizzly For This Useful Post:
Zebedee (31-10-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 31-10-2016, 13:11

Thanks Grizz

It will have been ordered (well, nearly) by the time you read this.

Dave

Edit: Correction. I'm not paying 5 quid postage on a £7.99 item, so it will have to wait until we go to town.

Thanks again for the suggestion.
Grizzly and Grizzly like this.

Last edited by Zebedee; 31-10-2016 at 13:15.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 31-10-2016, 14:23

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
Am I going senile Andrew, or is it you??

I don't follow the logic there!

Dave

If I had an external place to store a BBQ I wouldn't worry about putting it away unclean, such as using a gas fired lava rock type. My external storage locker, however, is directly under my fixed bed and part of the habitation. Any smells would come into the van so I want something I can clean easily. The Cadac Safari Chef has a fat catchment ring and the cooking bits are easy to wash.
Zebedee and Zebedee like this.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 31-10-2016, 15:04

It all becomes clear Andrew - thanks.

Cooking pongs from below would not be very nice.

Dave
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 31-10-2016, 15:55

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewball1000 View Post
If I had an external place to store a BBQ I wouldn't worry about putting it away unclean, such as using a gas fired lava rock type. My external storage locker, however, is directly under my fixed bed and part of the habitation. Any smells would come into the van so I want something I can clean easily. The Cadac Safari Chef has a fat catchment ring and the cooking bits are easy to wash.
I store my BBQ in a fiamma back box along with any water carrying kit (aqua-rol etc). Keeps all the mucky stuff separate. Never clean the BBQ when on tour, just wipe any build up of grease off with kitchen tissue then burn any residues off before cooking any food.
BTW fitted a Bulfinch bbq point earlier this year and it's had loadsa use. Rank it alongside the gaslow in usefulness and no need to carry a separate gas cylinder just to use with the bbq.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 31-10-2016, 18:15

hi,

the cadac 2 burner cooker ticks a lot of boxes, bought one for our son who lives in spain, during the summer they cook outside because of the heat, he has a bbq, but the cadac does all the rest. 2 boiling rings, which convert into griddle plates or frying plates, so for a couple of you can cook a full meal, boil the kettle, fry eggs griddle meat, etc, and being a cadac bomb proof, and only a couple of griddle plates to wash..........

mags
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 31-10-2016, 18:30

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
This is what we use

Don't use the griddles on the Cadac

Just this, no drips easy to clean and a good surface area

Cook and push things to the side

Can be used with the diffuser

Have one at home and use it all the time

Watch our for them at Aldi
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (875.5 KB, 14 views)
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 31-10-2016, 20:05

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacerunner View Post
I store my BBQ in a fiamma back box along with any water carrying kit (aqua-rol etc). Keeps all the mucky stuff separate. Never clean the BBQ when on tour, just wipe any build up of grease off with kitchen tissue then burn any residues off before cooking any food.
BTW fitted a Bulfinch bbq point earlier this year and it's had loadsa use. Rank it alongside the gaslow in usefulness and no need to carry a separate gas cylinder just to use with the bbq.
Yes I wish I had an external space too. Unfortunately any back box would overhang my parking space at home and project into the road. No room on the the roof either as it full of solar panels. I did fit a Bullfinch and agree with you over it usefulness. I have a long hose on the Cadac so I can use it either side of van for shelter. Works well. The whole kit packs away neatly to nothing.
Spacerunner and Spacerunner like this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 15:53

My Motorhome: Autotrail Chieftain SE (2006)
I just bought one of these as I am camping in my new home. No point in getting anything permanent until I build my dream kitchen. Actually I may use it with my Renault Traffic van which may become my multi-purpose vehicle to use in place of my current car, motorhome and the van itself. I am trying to find ways of using it in place of the motorhome but still be able to remove all of the habitation stuff and use it as a van for building materials. It also has three removable seats in the back which I leave out most of the time as they are not easy to get in and out but would be useful if family come to stay.

I bought the stove at Narbonne Accessories which I find a bit pricey but they have a special offer on these one, two and three burner stoves this month. It cost 49.90 euros plus some inexplicable tax of 2 euros (ECO-participation DEEE TTC!).

I also have a Cadac in the MH which is still in store in the Vale of Glamorgan. I am returning to UK at end of the week and will be planning what to do with all vehicles etc after that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161101_141445.jpg (551.2 KB, 4 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page