manchester airport with motorhome - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 23-06-2016, 10:54 Thread Starter

manchester airport with motorhome

Hi, I have to meet the OH from a flight arriving at terminal 3 in Manchester airport on Saturday but I will be in the van. Tried in vain to find out if any of the car parks will take a 6.4m PVC but getting nowhere - I think the main issue is the height barriers but can't even find out if there are any car parks without height restrictions. Does anyone know the airport well enough to suggest an answer?
thanks
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 23-06-2016, 11:55

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgour View Post
Hi, I have to meet the OH from a flight arriving at terminal 3 in Manchester airport on Saturday but I will be in the van. Tried in vain to find out if any of the car parks will take a 6.4m PVC but getting nowhere - I think the main issue is the height barriers but can't even find out if there are any car parks without height restrictions. Does anyone know the airport well enough to suggest an answer?
thanks
Chris
Chris

Been there, done that.

Terminal 2 CP is your answer. Follow the signs for T2 you will come off a biggish roundabout, from there keep right, with the filling station over to the right. Then the CP will be on your left and has no height barriers(well did not 2 years ago and minbuses seem to park there.)

It is a bit of a hike to T3 but AFAIK, as advised by the airport information, is the only unrestricted parking area - we are 7m long and 3m high.

If you wonder why a Polish-based MH was at MAN airport, we had parked with friends near the airport in transit to Lakes and Scotland.

Geoff

P.S Was that quick enough - MHF rules OK
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 23-06-2016, 12:43

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper Sussex Duo
Get her to phone you when she is outside. You can then pull up outside, pick up and away. Don't sit there waiting for her, you'll get moved on. It's actually labeled as drop off but if you are quick lots of people pick up as well.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 23-06-2016, 13:19

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmold View Post
Get her to phone you when she is outside. You can then pull up outside, pick up and away. Don't sit there waiting for her, you'll get moved on. It's actually labeled as drop off but if you are quick lots of people pick up as well.
Chris asked about parking.

What you suggest is possble at T3, but a bit dodgy as the 'Traffic wardens' are very hot there. We have done it with a pick-up from my local friend, who parked outside T1 for a few minutes before my call. They watch whether you are disembarking or embarking into the vehicle.

I think that operation with a MH would attract too much attention.

Chris, just go to T2 CP. - it is not expensive and more relaxed.

Geoff
The Following User Says Thank You to nicholsong For This Useful Post:
ardgour (23-06-2016)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 23-06-2016, 14:04 Thread Starter

Thanks, when I looked online all the car parks without height barriers seemed to be long stay with a minimum stay of 2 days!
I managed to find a non premium rate customer services phone number and they said the T1 arrivals car park has a height barrier but it is placed much higher so transit vans/ MH etc can get in. Looking on google earth there do seem to be a couple of vans in that car park so maybe it would work. Of course it is not exactly cheap but it is much closer to T3.
Think I might have to keep both options in mind and hope one of them works when I get there
Chris
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 23-06-2016, 15:12

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper Sussex Duo
Yes T3 barriers are much higher. You see loads of taxi minibuses in there and I have seen panel van motorhomes there. Just don't get there too early or it will cost a packet, 3.50 for 30 minutes, £5 or £6 for an hour, then £8 etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulmold For This Useful Post:
ardgour (24-06-2016)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 26-06-2016, 06:42

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 26-06-2016, 10:39

My Motorhome: Hymer B584
One of the best stress free ways of doing it would be to go to the Sale Water Park park and ride tram stop just a few yards of Junction 6 on the M60. The new trams only go to the airport or town so it's very simple and the trams are very frequent and quick. I use it all the time but from the Chorlton stop.

http://www.metrolink.co.uk/airport/Pages/index.html

Cheers
Bill
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 13:56

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I suspect the problem was solved back in 2016, if not at present they are unlikely to still want it.

You are advertising do have been reported, I hope that others will do the same and that you will be blocked.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 15:35

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
I suspect the problem was solved back in 2016, if not at present they are unlikely to still want it.

You are advertising do have been reported, I hope that others will do the same and that you will be blocked.
Eh, Dave?

Is there a post missing between yours and BillCreer's from 2016?
Drew likes this.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page