Fresh v Waste - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 25-06-2015, 15:00 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Van is coming from RS Motorhomes near Doncaster - which is where our last vehicle was from. In fact, our last vehicle was also taken to the show before we got it and was, in fact, their first A Class off the line five years ago.

I note what you say about people and shows. It is interesting the contrast between RS and other exhibitors like say Concorde. RS do allow people to just wander in and out and feel free to look around whereas on say the Concorde stand there would be a rope across and you would feel slightly intimidated in a "we know you can't afford it and are just being nosey" sort of way.

Perhaps a touch cynical but is how I have felt both at the NEC and at Dusseldorf on some of the larger stands.

As for what people might do to it - it all worked out fine last time (in fact, they reupholstered it after the show last time). So, not that worried (unless someone poos in the toilet!!!!)

Feel free to view my blog, Non Sequitur Ramblings with a variety of entries, all motorhome related.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 25-06-2015, 15:14

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejayt View Post
Van is coming from RS Motorhomes near Doncaster - which is where our last vehicle was from. In fact, our last vehicle was also taken to the show before we got it and was, in fact, their first A Class off the line five years ago.

I note what you say about people and shows. It is interesting the contrast between RS and other exhibitors like say Concorde. RS do allow people to just wander in and out and feel free to look around whereas on say the Concorde stand there would be a rope across and you would feel slightly intimidated in a "we know you can't afford it and are just being nosey" sort of way.

Perhaps a touch cynical but is how I have felt both at the NEC and at Dusseldorf on some of the larger stands.

As for what people might do to it - it all worked out fine last time (in fact, they reupholstered it after the show last time). So, not that worried (unless someone poos in the toilet!!!!)
RS do make some solid vans, way out of our budget though
ceejayt and ceejayt like this.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 25-06-2015, 20:21

My Motorhome: Oh no - a caravan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejayt View Post

Chris - will you be at the show with your Elysian? Would like to catch up with you and have a chat.
ceejayt and ceejayt like this.

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 26-06-2015, 00:23 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Yes I will be at the show for sure. Making sure no one poos in the toilet .

Pm me for mobile number and we can grab coffee

Feel free to view my blog, Non Sequitur Ramblings with a variety of entries, all motorhome related.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 27-06-2015, 05:34

My Motorhome: Niesmann Bischoff Flair
Hello,

Our new Flair has a 400l/250l set up and a 150l black tank. I agree with others that I would prefer to have more fresh storage as it's a lot harder to get water then to dump grey if need be. As for the current set up of 400l, we have never ever run out of water and we spend a lot of times using Aires and Stellplatz. I have the facility to split the fresh tank into two 200l tanks and I often wonder if I should use that option to reduce the weight I carry, not from a payload issue but fuel economy, but I never bother.

On the subject of the water capacity Neismann and Bischoff make a huge marketing issue around storage capacity of water and the delivery of the water pump and the luxury waterfall shower. However, the Aldi system still only hold the heats the same amount of hot water as any other van. So all the luxury high power water fall shower means is your hot water runs out quicker
cabby, cabby, ceejayt and 1 others like this.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 27-06-2015, 11:25 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartwebr View Post
Hello,

Our new Flair has a 400l/250l set up and a 150l black tank. I agree with others that I would prefer to have more fresh storage as it's a lot harder to get water then to dump grey if need be. As for the current set up of 400l, we have never ever run out of water and we spend a lot of times using Aires and Stellplatz. I have the facility to split the fresh tank into two 200l tanks and I often wonder if I should use that option to reduce the weight I carry, not from a payload issue but fuel economy, but I never bother.

On the subject of the water capacity Neismann and Bischoff make a huge marketing issue around storage capacity of water and the delivery of the water pump and the luxury waterfall shower. However, the Aldi system still only hold the heats the same amount of hot water as any other van. So all the luxury high power water fall shower means is your hot water runs out quicker
Thanks for this - can I ask how long your black tank lasts as this is the first time we will have had a black tank - previously just had a cassette and carried a spare cassette and swapped them over

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 27-06-2015, 11:33

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Stewart

Good point about a powerful shower exhausting hot water quicker. Is it possible to switch it to normal 'dribble' flow or is it always on high flow - if so I would not want one.

Geoff
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 27-06-2015, 11:44 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Stewart

Good point about a powerful shower exhausting hot water quicker. Is it possible to switch it to normal 'dribble' flow or is it always on high flow - if so I would not want one.

Geoff
Withe Alde you can put the hot water boost on which I think heats by another 5 to 10 degrees (whilst knocking off the heating) and means you can use the higher pressure as you are adding more cold. But still using more water overall of course. I know in our previous van you could take a really long hot shower in this way and could do so several times before the water ran out.

Chris
nicholsong and nicholsong like this.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 27-06-2015, 12:26

My Motorhome: Oh no - a caravan!!
Having worked in the shower industry for many years, there's a simple rule of thumb so you can estimate how long your stored hot water will last.

Based on hot water at 60 degC and cold at 10 degC, a shower at 43 degC will use approx. 2/3 hot and 1/3 cold makeup. So if your flow rate is say 6 lt/min, that's 4 lt/min hot, 2 ll/min cold. Take say the average hot water storage of 20lt, that's 10 minutes in a constant running shower before the hot water runs out.

Very approximate results but gives you some idea how long you can go before losing the hot water. Anything over 60 degC stored water will obviously give you more shower time as you'll need less hot water to achieve 43 degC.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 27-06-2015, 12:49

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by deefordog View Post
Having worked in the shower industry for many years, there's a simple rule of thumb so you can estimate how long your stored hot water will last.

Based on hot water at 60 degC and cold at 10 degC, a shower at 43 degC will use approx. 2/3 hot and 1/3 cold makeup. So if your flow rate is say 6 lt/min, that's 4 lt/min hot, 2 ll/min cold. Take say the average hot water storage of 20lt, that's 10 minutes in a constant running shower before the hot water runs out.

Very approximate results but gives you some idea how long you can go before losing the hot water. Anything over 60 degC stored water will obviously give you more shower time as you'll need less hot water to achieve 43 degC.
Thanks DF, nice to have an ex spurt on the job, our boilers seems tp be 9-10 litres though, 20 would be heaven, til it ran out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page