Skyteam SkyMax 125 monkey bike - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 15:41 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
Skyteam SkyMax 125 monkey bike

Having done a fair amount of research on what motorbike/scooter will fit in our rear garage, and having done all the axle load calculations, it would seem that I need to look at as light a bike as possible - sub 100Kg

the Skyteam SkyMax 125 has taken Mrs FB's fancy partly due to it's size (will fit easily with it's drop down bars) and comes in at 78Kg dry weight. I've been in touch with the importer who says it will take the combined weight of 2 of us but best uprated with rear gas shocks to do so.

http://www.skyteammotorcycles.com/mo...nge/skymax125/

I realise it has certain limitations but it's not going to get massive use so should suit.

anyone any experience of this monkey bike that they can pass on??

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 15:53

I'm assuminhg this is partly a joke. But to be serious when I was researching scooters the lightest most practical model was the Honda Innova at around 85kgs. It's a 125cc and you will not look so daft two up as you would on a monkey bike.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 16:37

Quote:
For More Infomation on the SkyMax Accessories see the Accessory Page
There is no accessory page - that I can see.

Is it hidden?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 16:39 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike48
I'm assuminhg this is partly a joke. But to be serious when I was researching scooters the lightest most practical model was the Honda Innova at around 85kgs. It's a 125cc and you will not look so daft two up as you would on a monkey bike.
not a joke at all - it's a little different! and why shouldn't we look daft??

the Innova is no longer made and it's successor the Wave 110i is now coming in at 99Kg

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 16:40 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanner
Quote:
For More Infomation on the SkyMax Accessories see the Accessory Page
There is no accessory page - that I can see.

Is it hidden?
errm - probably not - there are no accessories as far as I can establish for this bike but there are for some of the others they offer.

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 17:08

skyteam

splendid little bike i bought one off ebay about six years ago it was two years old then .Has been all over the place in the garage of my autotrail and has been very reliable .The gearing was a little low so i fitted a larger engine sprocket .it carries my wife and myself genraly to the nearest town.the only prob we have had was the rear shocks were a little weak and one did eventualy break .Think the prices have risen since i purchased mine
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 17:11 Thread Starter

thanks for that feedback Jeffro - very useful. hopefully fitting rear gas shocks should help beef the backend up a bit

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 17:46

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,021 Times in 886 Posts
Personal Aire
Well Your Mrs should be ok on it Fats but your going to knacker it if you get on it!

Actually I bet they are very sturdy.

Would a Honda Vision 110 not fit in your garage? 103KG

Or what about our Peugeot Speedfight II? 2 stroke 100cc and 95KG. Goes well and was originally designed to compete with 125's. Problem is finding a good second hand one.

If you get the Monkey bike you must make sure you post some photos on here or "another forum". We could all do with a laugh!

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuddha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike48
not a joke at all - it's a little different! and why shouldn't we look daft??

the Innova is no longer made and it's successor the Wave 110i is now coming in at 99Kg
Thought this was a "fruitcake" post and you posted here in error. Apologies.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 18:20 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd
Well Your Mrs should be ok on it Fats but your going to knacker it if you get on it!

Actually I bet they are very sturdy.

Would a Honda Vision 110 not fit in your garage? 103KG

Or what about our Peugeot Speedfight II? 2 stroke 100cc and 95KG. Goes well and was originally designed to compete with 125's. Problem is finding a good second hand one.

If you get the Monkey bike you must make sure you post some photos on here or "another forum". We could all do with a laugh!
I bet we look like right tits on it but what the hell - if it does the job I don't give a hoot!

I think the Vision or Wave will fit but it will be tight height wise and I'd need to take the mirrors off each time. with the Skymax, you can just fold the bars down which is dead easy. and 20kg lighter.

there is also the Lintex Jet scooter which comes in at 95kg - looks of interest but again, a tight fit height wise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page