Skyteam SkyMax 125 monkey bike - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 09:50

My Motorhome: Le Voyageur RX Platinum 2011
We have one in NY cab colours
We look like a right pair of idiots whizzing about on Freddie, as hes known. We are 85ish and 62ish KG and he does fine. The mirrors fold in / come off easily so storage in the garage us a breeze. We bought ours new last year, cant remember the price though.
If you want something for occasional use thats light and cheap and is fun ( plus you dont mind lookinglike a wally) then go for it.

I crashed a moped in Turkey many years ago. Brakes not good enough with 2 up. I would not trust too much on the sky team either so make sure you test them properly before doing anything silly. But that goes for all bikes.
We both rode Honda HRT machines so were rather spoiled. If we can cooe with a skyteam then it cannot be that bad....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 11:58 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
thanks for that positive feedback salomon

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 08:29

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,252 Times in 1,084 Posts
Personal Aire
Tuggers. I tried your theory yesterday on the little Cols around the coast near Biarittz / San Sabastian. Doesnt work. However what I will say is that after 6 weeks of being between 2000 and 7500 ft up the little bike is like a rocket. A new lease of life. The biggest Col here up to the Spanish border is only just over 1000ft from sea level but there are some superb roads. Did about 70 miles yesterday just flying about.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 10:35

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
That's a bummer.

Well, you'll have to use airbrakes then. You'll need a couple of baseball mitts, the larger the better. Michelle will have to deploy them to slow down from warp speed. Using one at a time could assist with downhill cornering as well.

MotoGP riders use their legs, but you have the advantage of a passenger so workload can be shared.

Don't hesitate to ask for more handling advice, I'm happy to share this sort of information.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 16:20

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,252 Times in 1,084 Posts
Personal Aire
Doesn't matter tuggers stuff the brakes. Who needs them anyway?

Parked up on the col d'iberdon or sumfink like that which I think is actually in Spain. Some super twist little hills on the Spanish and French side as well as dozens of stores at the top of the col flogging cheap booze and fags. Might stay a week!

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 16-09-2014, 23:13

I have a skyteam bike for sale 2012 with 38mls on the clock. I purchased the bike along with my motorhome. I intend to tow a car behind the motorhome.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 12:11

My Motorhome: I drive...
Hey ! I have a SKYMAX ST 125-6 and often I get engine stops like the gasoline is exhausted; now malfunction indicator lights up more.
Grateful if anyone can give me a tip where to search
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 13:31

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
Probably the carb needs cleaning, but worth checking the breather hole in the fuel cap is clear first. Try running the engine with the cap off and see if you still get the problem.

Next stage would be to remove the float bowl to check for water or dirt.
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

I'm daft and proud of it.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 14:24

My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
yes they are good you do see lots buzzing around the algarve 2 up but generally lighter people

i have my monkeybike in the algarve but is a smaller bike and just for 1 rider 110cc and does around 55mph which for the wheelbarrow size wheels is plenty fast enough

they are great to ride on the smaller roads and up into the hills where i have been known to do 100mls in a day

barry
tugboat likes this.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 17:28

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuddha View Post
Having done a fair amount of research on what motorbike/scooter will fit in our rear garage, and having done all the axle load calculations, it would seem that I need to look at as light a bike as possible - sub 100Kg

the Skyteam SkyMax 125 has taken Mrs FB's fancy partly due to it's size (will fit easily with it's drop down bars) and comes in at 78Kg dry weight. I've been in touch with the importer who says it will take the combined weight of 2 of us but best uprated with rear gas shocks to do so.

http://www.skyteammotorcycles.com/mo...nge/skymax125/

I realise it has certain limitations but it's not going to get massive use so should suit.

anyone any experience of this monkey bike that they can pass on??
Please don't forget the handlebars fold down, nothing else fits like this one. So like us if you have a bed in the rear and garage below that, you can easily get the skymax in. Ours is Benimar 243.
We are going to tow a larger bike nex year so if any one is interested ours is up for sale. Regarding weight ours easily carries 2 adults at aroud 21 stone. Love that little monkey. Interested call 07533 439 491 Tony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page