Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Do you poo in your Thetford loo ?

29K views 150 replies 62 participants last post by  Grizzly 
#1 ·
If you are staying on a site with no toilet facilities do you No2 in your loo , I was thinking of cling film , a freezer bag and then non recycle bin. , I suggested this to my wife and her face registered ............. DIVORCE , am I so wrong ? Cheers !

#2 ·
Of course we use it for such a task - that's what it was designed for....

and besides it is much less of a distance to carry a suitable book to read to the next nearest suitable place......... :lol:

Only tuffies like the SAS would resort to cling-film.... :cry:

Dave

#4 ·
Of course we poo in the loo.

The whole point of motorhoming is that you tour around the country/the continent, in a self-contained 'house', and live in that 'house' whilst on tour.

If not, then why buy one; why not save the massive capital and depreciation costs and simply drive around by car and stay in hotels instead.

We use all of the MH on-board facilities - the loo, the shower, the cooking etc, all of the time.

#6 ·
Why ever not? its not there for show and you wont get a penny more for the van when you sell it wether you use it or not...go on...do it!

#7 ·
It's bad enough with all the doggy sh#t being dumped in refuse bins without humans dumping it too . . 'Course you should use the loo- it was designed for exactly that purpose !

#14 ·
Hi.
A mate of ours,does not use the loo in the unit,prefers to walk miles to nearest loo/call in superstores for the toilets/garden centre cafe loo's etc and uses a bowl in the sink to wash up in,which is emptied under the nearest hedge .
All this, and he started off working on a................ Farm ?????.
There's 'nowt so queer as folk

#15 ·
No we like to cut out the middle man and poo straight down the waste disposal.
Causes a bit of a stir on Calais sea front air.
Well that solves a mystery, I wondered who it was. You could at least have waited for it to get dark. :roll:

Never mind, I've seen worse things happen on Calais aire. :lol:

#20 ·
Although most of the replies to the OP have been very humorous. I hope this doesn't put him/her off asking similar questions.

Ray.

#21 ·
We've had a Porta-Potti in previous years when camping and caravanning, and when we built the trailer a cassette toilet and shower were the FIRST prerequisite before anything else.

I know that there is often internal family embarrassment about toilet procedures, just get over it. We all do it, it's not as though it's something new.

We usually end up at shows with little in the way of facilities so having it all on-board is a godsend.

Peter

#22 ·
raynipper said:
adbt said:
If you are staying on a site with no toilet facilities do you No2 in your loo , I was thinking of cling film , a freezer bag and then non recycle bin. , I suggested this to my wife and her face registered ............. DIVORCE , am I so wrong ? Cheers !
Although most of the replies to the OP have been very humorous. I hope this doesn't put him/her off asking similar questions.

Ray.
Ray
that's why I joined the forum,
asking questions,
and most of the light hearted answers make me giggle, almost as much as the guys waving at us when we picked up our camper opps MOTORHOME,
so guys keep up the questions, especially the ones that we think of but are to vain to ask and then get the answer,
having fun is what its all about,
life is to short,
Misty and Mrs T

#23 ·
Oh and by the way yep we use the crapper too,
should have seen it when we use to use the porta potty in the van in the avatar, I use to leave the side door open while on it behind the curtain,
just imagine passing our van at a show, sound and smell, umm just like in the country,
but have been told by SWMBO I must start behaving my self now we are motorhomers, (dream on love)
first outing in the van weekend coming up, cant wait, proper loo and a shower, and I can stand up in it YAHOOOOOOOO
Misty

#24 ·
"I was thinking of cling film , a freezer bag and then non recycle bin."

Surely more unpleasant than just emptying the cassette

And as for it being unused to resell
Unused loo won`t add to resale value
and
whether or not the toilet has been crapped in has never been high on my checklist when buying a used van
:D :D

#25 ·
I thought that was part of the fun, waiting to see the posh ones go to the elsan, jump out get the cassete and follow them to the ep, then get into chat and try and slip in about the trouble you had shaking out the log your misses done last time,
funny the looks you get when walking around the show and bump into them, of course Mrs T dosnt know what I have told them till on the way home, :lol: :lol: :lol:
told you life to short
Misty

#26 ·
The wife uses all the facilities in the MH as they were designed for. However, I am only allowed to P in it. Wife says the extractor fan was never designed for my toilet requirements, don't know what she is referring to. But just obey, makes life a lot easier.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.