MOggs eye anderby - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 20-08-2013, 20:36 Thread Starter

MOggs eye anderby

Man from council been round today to tell everyone to be off by Friday as they are closing the height barrier but the campers are going to refuse to move we need more support . Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 20-08-2013, 21:26 Thread Starter

No one interested in preserving the best wild camping area in lincs .ken
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-08-2013, 07:46

Personal Aire
Could it be that they fear travellers moving in? They usually move onto land during bank holidays, when enforcement departments are likely to be short-handed. It has happened in this neck of the woods and we accept the temporary inconvenience.

Why not ask the council why?

Hope you like your new neighbours if they do move on.

Colin

No longer motorhoming due to illness, but always prepared to help by sharing any experience I may have.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-08-2013, 08:25
JP

Colin

It is being restricted on a permanent basis and was widely publicised and due notice given. New by-laws are being enforced along that stretch of coast.
There have been certain people who have been almost permanent residents for some years now and while most cause no problems the minority do spoil it for others.

James
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-08-2013, 08:30

My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencocamper
No one interested in preserving the best wild camping area in lincs .ken
Yes we are bothered and some members of another forum have protested to the local Council a number of times.

I have stayed there a couple of times myself (also at Huttoft, which will go the same way). 6 Marshes is also another spot that has been affected.

I have warned this forum before about using underhand methods by Quangos to curtail our civil liberties but nobody seems bothered. Hundreds of miles of coastline is suddenly declared a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and limits access and the way the Public can use the area. Nobody is asked their opinion beforehand and the change is quietly installed. This means that various limitations can be applied by Councils without resorting to applying for legislation (which is expensive and could be opposed by local people). I personally have tried to get information about SSSI's from various websites but they are very secretive, both ON their websites and in giving info when requested. Big Brother is alive and well.

The price of scrap steel is quite high at the moment and most people have tools. I don't see the height barrier being a problem for long.

Maybe now the Council will turn their attention to the mess left by day trippers and the mindless vandalism. Both of these will increase now that the area will be deserted overnight. I certainly hope so.

edit.

The post by JP is typically what the authorities would give out. It says nothing and hides a lot of dirty dealing.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-08-2013, 10:12

Relayed from Polly Conroy - The Motorhome Tourism Organisation HTTP//www.TMCTO.org

It does seem an over reaction, nevertheless, but one that seems a normal reflex for UK councils. "We don't like it so we will ban it".

In much of Europe, they use a more measured response...limit the stay to 24hrs/2 days/a week.

Better still, introduce motorhome stopovers, which exist over large
parts of europe under local names, they are even being introduced in N. Ireland and some more enlightened parts of the UK.

The thing is, MHers who use these spot won't be tempted by local
campsites (despite owners' claims that they are losing money)...they
will either find other spots or take their money to somewhere that
welcomes them...which would harm general traders who are currently
benefitting from the MHers.

This is the most succinct definition of stopovers that I have seen -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorhome_stopover"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-08-2013, 11:12

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Colin

It is being restricted on a permanent basis and was widely publicised and due notice given. New by-laws are being enforced along that stretch of coast.
There have been certain people who have been almost permanent residents for some years now and while most cause no problems the minority do spoil it for others.

James
Thanks for the clarification. There are always 2 sides (or more) to every story. What a shame though.

Colin

No longer motorhoming due to illness, but always prepared to help by sharing any experience I may have.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-08-2013, 12:33 Thread Starter

747 I agree with what you say. The site is kept clean there are no druggies there are no permanent residents and no weardos and that is all down motor homers . There is no sense or reason for what they are doing. If they manage to get the MHZ off they will get all the mentioned on Ken
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-08-2013, 12:52

My Motorhome: RS Endeavour
Personal Aire
I used to like going to this area, I stayed on sites but often parked up on Huttoft Car terrace. The area is now a "no go" as far as I am concerned and I will not be visiting if you cannot park up.
peedee

The best journeys are not always in straight lines.
To read about our travels visit >this page< Latest updates 6th March 2019
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-08-2013, 12:55

My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Personal Aire
I have used a post from another forum to show the trouble and panic caused to Councils by travellers. I hope the OP does not mind me copying her revealing post. As can be seen, there are far reaching consequences for us.

Ended up staying on a site for a night near Ingoldmells. Couldn't park on either of the carparks near the amusements. (I didn't try Skegness, as grandaughter wanted to be at Ingoldmels.)
They've added signs No Caravans or Motorhomes allowed - not legal ones, but I think it was because the travellers had been evicted from Skegness centre & they were trying to keep them out. I pulled into one of them at about 8pm last night as I wanted to wait to pick up grandaughter from the amusements - & was immediatly approached by 4 security men who told me I couldn't even wait for them for 10 mins. Very heavy handed, told me I would be better waiting on the road - not feasible as you will know if you know the road. Luckily as I drove in a very big circle out of the carpark, & held up people waiting to get out, grandaughter & her mate spotted us, & managed to get into the van before we had to pull out on the the road. I won't be in a hurry to go back to the area again.

The site we were on had a digger parked across the entrance to stop anyone getting in, and barriers were down on several other sites as we drove past. The site we were on was called Greenacres - 17 per night (10 min walk from amusements & markets through housing estate). They have a restaurant on there - food is cheap & tasty. I was a bit miffed as the restaurant was closed Tuesday night, & WiFi is in the restaurant so that was no use either. Not sure if restaurant was closed because they thought there was going to be trouble with the travellers

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page