Hows your Rollerteam - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 28-08-2018, 15:02 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Question Hows your Rollerteam

Hi all,
My wife and I are currently looking at various makes and layouts of MH. I must admit I like the look of both the Auto roller 200, and the 500.

Could I ask you to give an honest opinion of your Rollerteam MH's please? Are there any common problems or faults?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 28-08-2018, 15:42

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Welcome to the forum Peter.

I was going to point you to the Rollerteam forum but you've obviously found it!

Any worthwhile info there?

Jean
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 28-08-2018, 15:57 Thread Starter

Hi and thanks. No there isn't any info that points to any common faults etc really. I'd really also appreciate any thoughts on build quality too.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 28-08-2018, 17:04

My Motorhome: Roller Team T-590
Personal Aire
Hi Peter

We have a Roller Team T-Line 590 which we have had from new. Only 'fault' we have had was a window catch which did not click shut properly and was replaced by the dealer. Oh and we also had a faulty toilet cassette with a sticky blade which was again replaced under warranty. We bought it because of the wood free construction and so far on two habitation services it is 100% damp free. There is a Facebook Rollerteam group which is very active and I am sure you would get some feedback from owners on there. We have owned 4 motorhomes (bought new) from different manufacturers including Swift and Autotrail and our current RT has the best build quality in my opinion, and is the most stylish with faux leather seating and all the usual 'extras' included as standard. It has also had the least faults of all our vans - the worst by far being Swift.

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to Charisma For This Useful Post:
Peter Andrew Share (28-08-2018)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 28-08-2018, 17:48 Thread Starter

Thanks for that Dave. I've already learned something because I wasn't aware that Rollerteam vans were wood free!! .. That is definitely a plus!!

I notice that the 2 models that I've been drawn to don't have ovens installed which seems a bit odd but maybe this is something we could add ourselves I don't know.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 28-08-2018, 21:20

My Motorhome: Roller Team T-590
Personal Aire
I see that you found the Facebook Group. Friendly bunch aren't they?

Dave
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 28-08-2018, 21:45

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
European MHs tend not to have ovens.

I make do with pans, a couple of 'frying pans' that fit together like a stove-top oven (forget the name! And I haven't used it like an oven for a long time), slow cooker, pressure cooker (tho I may leave that behind next trip).

Jean
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 29-08-2018, 08:47

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Avoid the dreaded Smev "oven" pile of rubbish, you can buy the duplex oven and grill, if there is a big enough place for it then it's just a matter of getting gas to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pudsey_Bear For This Useful Post:
Peter Andrew Share (30-08-2018)
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 30-08-2018, 16:56 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
I see that you found the Facebook Group. Friendly bunch aren't they?
Yes they certainly are
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 30-08-2018, 19:26

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
Quote:
We bought it because of the wood free construction and so far on two habitation services it is 100% damp free.
unfortunately our T-line 700 didn't stay damp free. after 5 years and 4 hab checks - 2 of which were done by a RT dealer - we found some serious damp which was uncovered by an independent hab check. we had to have some panels replaced around the garage rear corners, and behind the cab seats. we'd looked after the vehicle, never used jet wash on it but the independent guy thought the damp was getting in behind some external skirts which probably hadn't been sealed properly. RT refused to honour the ingress warranty as we didn't have them all done by a RT dealer (there wasn't one local to us when we bought it - the local dealer came along later, but tbh I found them to be sh1te for many things). we had the repairs done and p/ex'd the unit for a Chausson.

so - some words of warning - make sure you get the hab checks done by a RT dealer but choose a reliable one. and get them done on time. the whole issue surrounding manufacturers insisting on having hab checks done by their dealers frankly stinks - the dealers over-charge and as we found the checks can be cursory, almost to the point you wonder if it has actually been done even if the paperwork says it has.

other than that, we liked the vehicle but the general finish isn't up there with the Chausson we have now

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page