Water Ingress - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 22:50 Thread Starter
PMK

Water ingress

1.900 bill for water ingress in our ace senna motor van about 18months ago ,damp is back in the same places .step and along near side also along back .dealer know what,s 2 to 3.000 to put it right and still can not tell us how the water gets into van . So are we to spend this sort of money every two to three years ,From ace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 23:16 Thread Starter
PMK

Can anyone tell me how water is penetrating our ace senna swift motor home it,s coming in the near side from the step to the back ,and how to repair this design fault .have paid out to have it repaired once 18months ago but they did not make a very good job of it ,after saying they were in touch with swift and could make a good repair
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 23:44

How on earth could anyone tell you how water is getting in whilst sitting at their computer??

If the dealer (who presumably has inspected your van) doesn't know how it's getting in, it's asking a bit much for anyone on here to have the answer.

I would think your first course of action is to take it back to whoever "fixed" it last time, along with your receipts, and suggest that they have another go - at their expense.

Be pleasant at first, but firm - and only start getting stroppy if you get no joy. They obviously didn't do a half decent job of it, so they should fix it for you now. I would think you have a good case in the Small Claims Court if they won't play the game.

Dave

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 23:59

My Motorhome: Roller Team T-590
Personal Aire
Hi PMK

Sorry to hear of your woes but Swift Motorhomes of a certain vintage had quite a few water ingress problems. Yours sounds suspiciously similar to the problems I had with a Swift Suntor 590PR (Sundance with extras from Brownhills)

Here is some of the saga....

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopict-44048-.html

You will see from my avatar that I eventually Part ex'd the van for an Autotrail.

As Zebedee has said, I would put this back to the first repairer as any repair should not have failed after such a short time. Wood needs to be wet for many months before rot sets in.

Hoping for the best for you

Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page