Chausson Welcome 85 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 21:47 Thread Starter

Chausson Welcome 85

Hoping to purchase a Chausson Welcome 85 in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone give me any hints of things to watch for on this model?

Always better if I can get some first hand experience replies.

Cheers
Satnav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 23:30

My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 08
We can't speak for the Welcome but we have a 2007 Chausson Flash 08. It's the budget range but I think the layout is similar.
We're very pleased with it for 2 of us (and dog). The storage and living space are quite good and I find the Fiat good to drive.
It's not perfect. I find the washroom a little tight, but I'm 6ft plus and overweight. The dinette table is bulky and a little intrusive. It's great if we have company but when just the 2 of us tour I've replaced it with something more lightweight and slender. (H has just looked at me whistfully.)
The lack of oven is a minor inconvenience but the kitchen is otherwise fine. We like the fixed bed and the space underneath is easily accessed.
The heating works well and we've had few problems with build quality.
I'd be happy to buy another.

Bryn

On the Internet, no-one knows you´re a dog.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 09:13

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Re: Chausson Welcome 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by satnav1
Hoping to purchase a Chausson Welcome 85 in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone give me any hints of things to watch for on this model?

Always better if I can get some first hand experience replies.

Cheers
Satnav
I had a new 2008 Welcome 75 which is the same except for the bed layout. It was a good middle of the road spec and I never had cause to get anything done under warranty.
Spacerunner, John and June, have an 85 and owned it since new. i am sure that if you pm them that they will give advise.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 12:22

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
As Ray says we have been running a Welcome 85 since early 2007.
We've had very few problems over the whole period.
Worst incidents were Fiat cab related and put down to normal teething troubles and all put right during the warranty period.

As for the Chausson part of the equation it has been more or less trouble free.

We have added some 230v sockets as Chausson were a bit stingy with them. If you are going to use a LCD TV then the dedicated TV locker is a bit useless. I converted mine to a bottle and glass locker and stood the TV on the table where it took up a very small footprint. Now I have installed a small 10" unit under the original TV locker where it is permanently sited.
The table is a bit unwieldy. The table top is very light but the steel works underneath weigh a ton. I have removed the sliding part and fitted a single leg to reduce the weight. It can still seat 4 people comfortably.
It does come with a small oven which works well (OH has produced several Xmas dinners with it) and the grill, once fully warmed up, produces excellent toast.

Check the wood structures under the bed area to make sure all screwed joints are tight. Make sure the two rooflights above bed and bathroom wind up and down properly. Make sure the under sink and kitchen drawer are damage free. Originally there was a waste bin fixed to one of the cupboard doors, most owners remove it as it's a nuisance and a bit unhygienic.
The fridge/freezer is a good bit of kit check that the power source changes from 230v/12v/LPG automatically.
Check the window rubber seals on the 2 sliding windows to make sure they have not been displaced.
We did have one roof leak when the side roof capping let rain through during some monsoon-like weather (repaired under warranty) so check the wall boards at the back of the inside high level lockers.

Any other info you need send me a PM after you have signed up as a full member

BTW there should be a proper spare wheel under the chassis.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page