Carioca Owner - Any on here? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 17-07-2011, 22:31 Thread Starter

Carioca Owner - Any on here?

Hi

I have just brought a New Carioca 656 for me and the two kids and i am taking delivery in 2 weeks.

There looks like there are not many of us around, so it would be nice to know if there are many on here.

Darren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 17-07-2011, 23:02

Re: Carioca Owner - Any on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWARE
There looks like there are not many of us around,
Carioca is one of the commonest model names used by CI. It's just that they use it with lots of different numbers - I've had a 15P and am thinking of getting a 694 sometime, a guy I know used to have a 625 and the place that hires out my Cipro has a 656 like yours on it's fleet as well as two 694s.

Quote:
so it would be nice to know if there are many on here.
I must admit that they do seem to be under represented on here.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 08:06

My Motorhome: 2015 Bailey Approach Autograph 740
Had a 2007 Carioca 705. Great layout and great chassis. If only it wasn't so damp. Five attempts at rectifying the damp.
Would we have another CI? Yes now that they have changed the sealing method.
Gerry

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 08:18

Hi Darren

I've moved your thread to the CI forum. Those we have will be watching here I guess.

Dave
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 09:56

Hi

Yes, I have one.

We are very happy with ours. We looked around for quite a while in bunk bed models as we have 1 kid at the moment and plan in the future for another.

We had a slight bit of damp in the overcab corner (warranty resolved) but other than that no problems except a self inflicted slight bump.

It fits our needs perfectly and we hope to have Freddie Jnr for a long time to come.

Ben
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 13:36

I had a 656 until mid last year , have now downsized to 2 berth, kids not interested in coming away any more!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 14:03 Thread Starter

Hi All

Thanks for replying

Glad to hear you were all happy with yours...hopefully to damp issue as been resolved and i will keep a look out for this.

The layout is perfect for me as I have a 9 year old and 6 year old so the bunk beds are perfect.

Should of seen there faces when i told them...they were so excited.

The kids and I are off to Newquay for week on the 30th July and it will be our first time in a motorhome so a little nervous.

Will be organising trips further afield when I get more confident.

Take Care

Darren
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 17:01

Hi Darren,

I have owned quite a few motorhomes in my time and can say that I am more than pleased with my Carioca 705 which I have owned for nearly 2 years now. Fortunately I have not experienced any damp problems and I have found the layout, for my wife and I, to be just right. I had to have the gear box "judder" saga sorted by Fiat under recall but apart from that I have not had any problems. I found the handbook rather limited but having corresponded with GerryD and received some excellent advice on a couple of "operational" issues I am very happy with the van. I am sure you have made a good choice.

Kind regards

Keith

Never go anywhere unless your eyes and your brain have been there first.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 20:13

HI Darren

Have a 656 as well. Got it last year and we love it. The bunk beds are ideal for our 2 and 9 year old with enough space for all necessary bits all over the place!!
Various outings including trips to Snowdon in October and Alps in February as well as the normal sunny campsite stuff etc etc!!
We looked at quite a few models and the layout and price was right!!

However, just had quite a bit of damp confirmed at the back, up high, so am at the beginning of sorting that out!! So far CI and my local dealer have been excellent, but the key looks like ensuring the stamps etc are kept up to date. Its not been dismantled or the paperwork checked yet, so fingers crossed!! I am relying on CI's support to hopefully prove some of their knockers (oo er) wrong!!
Lee
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 20:25 Thread Starter

Thanks for heads up Lee on the damp issue on yours.

Out of interest did your model have the 'Extreme Protection System' thats touted in the new CI brochure?

I am buying through Geoff Cox who i know as a really good reputation

Thanks

Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenuts
HI Darren

Have a 656 as well. Got it last year and we love it. The bunk beds are ideal for our 2 and 9 year old with enough space for all necessary bits all over the place!!
Various outings including trips to Snowdon in October and Alps in February as well as the normal sunny campsite stuff etc etc!!
We looked at quite a few models and the layout and price was right!!

However, just had quite a bit of damp confirmed at the back, up high, so am at the beginning of sorting that out!! So far CI and my local dealer have been excellent, but the key looks like ensuring the stamps etc are kept up to date. Its not been dismantled or the paperwork checked yet, so fingers crossed!! I am relying on CI's support to hopefully prove some of their knockers (oo er) wrong!!
Lee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page