Carioca Owner - Any on here? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 12:38 Thread Starter

Hi Neill

I will ask the dealer when I collect the motorhome for you.

If yours is still within its 4 year warranty i'd just get someone to check it for peace of mind.

I know I will get mine checked yearly when it gets serviced

Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble63
hi

we have a new shape 656
been great so far but the damp mentions make me worried

when did the 'extra damp ' protection start, mine is 2007 with a new fiat nose

pleased with and the kids love the bunks.

regds neill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 13:00

Excellent, the offers from Geoff Cox ebay come through on e-mail every now and again

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2011-C...item35a8ee9c85

Can't argue with 33K or below.

I'm going to Geoff Cox on Tuesday next week, hopefully I won't come out with a new MH.

Ben
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 Thread Starter

Picking up the 656 today

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 13:56

have a fantastic day collecting your motorhome

where's the first trip to?

Neil
in sunny Cambridge
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 16:45

Excellent, enjoy the van.

I am back to Geoff Cox tomorrow to get mine. The lovely 06 656 outside will be Freddie jnr, watch how you reverse!

Ben
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 16:57 Thread Starter

Hi Neil

The dealer booked me in a local campsite last night to test everything...loved it

Taking the kids to St.Ives August Bank Holiday week. I will be fitting in a couple of nights near skeggy next weekend also.

Darren
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 17:00 Thread Starter

Hi Ben

I had them fit some reversing sensors before i picked up so all was good with reversing

Was you having some work done on yours?

Darren
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 22-11-2011, 23:23

Hi

Hi All,

First post from some newbie Caricoca 656 owners just to say Hi !

We bought ours 2nd hand in July this year, 2008 plate , 7K miles. We also thought the offer new from Geoff Cox looked fantastic value but in the end decided we couldn't stretch ourselves that far. Also once we had seen ours in the flesh we just had to have it within the week rather than wait a month for a new delivery ! We thought that might have been a mistake when we noticed water dripping from above the top bunk while we were away in October half term but looks like that was just condensation. We had it checked when we got home and no damp was detected, will be keeping an eye on it though.

We had some great times over the Summer and are now researching laying up partially for the Winter. We plan to still get out and about once a month but still plenty of prcautions to take from what I'm reading, so much to learn and so little in the Manuals !

Any Carioca specific over wintering tips anyone can share ?

Cheers, Sean & Tracy
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 23-11-2011, 10:55

Hi Darren, yes I had a little self inflicted damage repaired on my van. The door took 10 months to get from Italy so that was the main holdup.

Hi Sean and Tracy, we also have condensation in the top bunk in the morning. I think t is just due to a little hot bodied 5 year old sleeping for 12 hours in an enclosed space. There isn't any airflow when the curtains and shut at the front and the window closed overnight.

In the morning we open the window in that area and over summer she slept up there with the window open. The blackout blind stopped a lot of airflow again but it was a little better.

We try to use ours in the winter as well, if there are just the 2 of us when driving we put a blanket hanging down from the overcab bed to keep the heat in to the cab whilst moving or the hot air just goes backwards.

When setup on site we tend to leave the blanket down to keep the heat from a blower or the heater in the living section as the cab can get draughty.

When on site with EHU we have a electric fan heater and a remote controlled adapter for the socket. ASDA sell 3 for 5. In the morning I remotely switch on the fan heater and give the van time to warm before getting out of bed.

Our van is drained off at the moment, boiler valve is manual on mine under the rear facing seats, main water tank under the forward facing seat has drain valve against the wall that twists.

Waste water outlet open to drain.

Taps all open, shower head off and stored in one of the build in moulded shelves in the shower area.

The toilet cassette is stored in the garage.

I leave the main large window blind open and use the curtains to block out eyes and light , the blinds don't like being down constantly anyway and the springs wear out.

External silverscreen on the front hooking over the doors and tied on to the mirrors.

Alarm on which uses the main battery, crooklock style lock on the wheel.

I have also been using the habitation battery isolator on the side of the passenger seat as once I came out and the hab battery had drained quite a bit. The isolator has stopped this.

They also make excellent Santa Sleighs

Hope you enjoy your van

Ben
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 28-11-2011, 18:17

Thanks

Hi Ben,

Thanks for all the useful information. I'd found the tap for the main water tank but thanks for pointing out the one for the water heater, just in time before the frosts this week !

One tip I got from the guy who checked our van for the damp was to put a few bowls of cat litter out rather than salt or shelling out for a dehumidifier. Haven't heard that before so will give it a go.

Thanks Again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page