Carioca Owner - Any on here? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 20:31

HI Darren
Sorry should have said. Mines an 08, so new shape but not as tweeked as the new one. Hopefully the new protection means that CI recognised there was an issue. Similalrly, not sure if any remedial work (seal) can be done at the higher level!!
We like ours that much, that providing we can get over this problem, we would look at a newer model if we wanted/needed to. But its size and layout will do us for quite a while yet.
Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 20:32

I bought mine at Geoff Cox too, happy with the service and they are all friendly.

Ben
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 20:37 Thread Starter

Lets hope they have made improvements, i have noticed they have increased there warranty so that shows they have confidence.

Hope you get yours sorted.

Like you say the layout is perfect for my two kids.

Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenuts
HI Darren
Sorry should have said. Mines an 08, so new shape but not as tweeked as the new one. Hopefully the new protection means that CI recognised there was an issue. Similalrly, not sure if any remedial work (seal) can be done at the higher level!!
We like ours that much, that providing we can get over this problem, we would look at a newer model if we wanted/needed to. But its size and layout will do us for quite a while yet.
Lee

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 20:43 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blongs
I bought mine at Geoff Cox too, happy with the service and they are all friendly.

Ben
Hi Ben

Notice your getting around 25MPG....was hoping for 30 oh well better budget a bit more for fuel!
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 21:08

I have had a 15P living for a year, well happy with it. Not done a lot of miles, but seems to suit us ok.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWARE
Quote:

Ben
Hi Ben

Notice your getting around 25MPG....was hoping for 30 oh well better budget a bit more for fuel!
That's easy - drive slower than he does.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 01:52

hi

we have a new shape 656
been great so far but the damp mentions make me worried

when did the 'extra damp ' protection start, mine is 2007 with a new fiat nose

pleased with and the kids love the bunks.

regds neill
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 09:34

Quote:
Quote:

Ben
Hi Ben

Hi, yeah never cracked 30mpg and don't think it ever will tbh.

It does depend on the journeys we do and obviously the speed.

The last figure was 23mpg ish as we spent the whole time on motorways at 60/65 (M18 & M1 to Silverstone) and then on the way back we were a little faster eeking towards 70. We did have a few queues coming out of Silverstone as well though.

There are times when we have hit 27mpg, I think these were tootling around near home towards the coast where the roads are more like 50mph and have some downhill sections for off the throttle coasting.

What engine do they put in them these days for the new models?

I have the older model 2.3 (110bhp) 5 speed gearbox.

I think the X250 models of the 656 previously were the 2.3 (130bhp) 6 speed boxes but now are 2.2 (100bhp)?? with an upgrade option to 2.3 as well?

The newer engines may give a bit better mpg, especially a 6 speeder for motorway use.

I'd not worry too much tbh, it is a little demoralising when you see the total on the fuel pump but you soon forget when onsite and enjoying yourself. Compared to the amount the family cost in icecreams and meals on holidays the difference in 30mpg - 25mpg isn't that much bother.

Ben
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 11:19

i have a 656 on a fiat 2.3 2005 great for when grandkids with us/when we are on our own bottom bunk goes up and the room we get in garage is brilliant.thinking of adding 2nd battery but dont know where to put it.under passenger seat is original one and under drivers seat is charging system.anybody added 2nd battery to their 656?
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 11:35 Thread Starter

I got a cracking deal on one with the Fiat Ducato 250 2200 cc multi jet with 100bhp 5 speed gearbox. So I went for this one

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ben
Hi Ben

Hi, yeah never cracked 30mpg and don't think it ever will tbh.

It does depend on the journeys we do and obviously the speed.

The last figure was 23mpg ish as we spent the whole time on motorways at 60/65 (M18 & M1 to Silverstone) and then on the way back we were a little faster eeking towards 70. We did have a few queues coming out of Silverstone as well though.

There are times when we have hit 27mpg, I think these were tootling around near home towards the coast where the roads are more like 50mph and have some downhill sections for off the throttle coasting.

What engine do they put in them these days for the new models?

I have the older model 2.3 (110bhp) 5 speed gearbox.

I think the X250 models of the 656 previously were the 2.3 (130bhp) 6 speed boxes but now are 2.2 (100bhp)?? with an upgrade option to 2.3 as well?

The newer engines may give a bit better mpg, especially a 6 speeder for motorway use.

I'd not worry too much tbh, it is a little demoralising when you see the total on the fuel pump but you soon forget when onsite and enjoying yourself. Compared to the amount the family cost in icecreams and meals on holidays the difference in 30mpg - 25mpg isn't that much bother.

Ben

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page