CI Riviera 141 - Page 6 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 31-08-2015, 09:26 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever19 View Post
Hi, you can try this to get rid of your warning light... I have a 2005 2.8jtd, Ci 171 and had the same light with occasional loss of power.

After a deep search of the internet I found that the turbo wastegate actuator eye end can start to seize on the pin of the wastegate valve lever, making the w/g unable to travel to it's full extent.

If you crawl under the van, head first from behind the offside front wheel and look forward and up, you will see the vacuum controlled actuator, just at the start of the exhaust. There is a circlip holding the eye end onto the pin, remove it and try and lift off the actuator. (You may have to remove the bolts at the actuator body bracket to give you more 'leverage') Clean the pin and actuator eye end inner with scotchbrite or similar, use a small amount of light oil to reassemble and go for a drive!

I had to do this to mine in France in 40° heat recently as I was about to do the 'Route des Grande Alpes' and the van drove superbly after

Hope this helps

Gaz

Hi Gaz, thanks but it was a diffrent problem and I cleared it only this weekend.

See this thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page