C.I. X-TIL garage M - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 12:36 Thread Starter

C.I. X-TIL garage M

Hi everyone,

My wife a I are about to purchase our first Motorhome, a C.I. X-Til Garage M. this is a 2011 model with only 11,000 Kms on the clock on a Fiat Ducato 2.3 Mjet.

My question is, since I cannot seem to find a review on this model does anyone have any information or recommendations. This Camper is full of extras including A/C and dometic Tec29 generator. We are in love with it but have not decided yet as we need some answers and we have another 2 Motorhome possibilities to consider ( a Giottiline Graal z650 c on an Iveco 35c18 and a Rimor Sailer 700 on a Mercedes 318 ).

Any help would really help us out.

Regards

Joe

MALTA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 13:21

Personal Aire
First may I welcome you to this Forum, where I am sure you will find almost every form of information, there really is a lot of it here.

You have made a good start with the Fiat x250, which is perhaps the most popular van for a motorhome base. The 230 multijet (I have one) is a great workhorse and has proved to be both economical and powerful enough to cope with the worst hills. Unlike the earlier vans, I expect yours will have come with the Fiat wide rear wheel set-up, which is a very stable chassis allowing for good cornering stability.
The Italian CI comes with a variety of layouts, which I am sure you selected according to your needs.
On these threads we hear of many short-comings on different vans and areas of unreliability. As your choice is quite a well known one with many on the road and with no negative reports that I am aware of....... enjoy it, love it and have years of pleasure in it.

Alan
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 13:42 Thread Starter

Thanks Alan,

For the welcome and the advice. We are really looking forward to this new adventure in our lives. And of course we are both looking forward to this interesting and informative forum. Will post some photos when we get the Motorhome....!

Thanks once again,

Joe

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 16:51

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
Welcome, unfortunately my comments may dampen your spirits, but are not intended to by any means.
I wonder if you are looking at all the extras and what the vehicle has, without really sitting down and making a list of what you like, what you do not like and a third list of what you would change, each of you must do this separately and then compare, otherwise you may be changing again within a couple of years.
Not knowing all those mentioned, does your driving licence cover all the weights.
Is it just for two of you or dogs or children. I know I should have put that the other way round.
When you have chosen do let us know and hope you enjoy.

cabby
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 16:59

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
This any good:

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...n-GBGB476GB476

tony

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 17:07 Thread Starter

Hi Cabby,

thank you or your reply. Out of all the Motorhomes we saw last week in Sicily (yes we had to go to Sicily as you cannot really buy motorhomes in Malta) the C.I. X-Til really fit the bill and/or ticked all the boxes. We knew what we were looking for before we made the trip. We were lucky enough to be in France a few weeks before and managed to visit a couple of motorhome dealer sites, so we had a good idea of what made sense to us and what didn't.

So when we finally got to Sicily (yes we do want a left hand drive motorhome as it makes sense when using it on the continent) we were pretty prepared as to the layout. We had to have a garage, we needed a nice comfortable living area and the fact that it has A/C and a generator is a plus as we will be travelling while the weather is still warm. Also if used during weekends in Malta during Summer when it's 33 degree weather we will definitely need cooling, something I would want on any camper we would have decided on. I just want to install a ladder and roof rack for our surf boards and an oven.

As regards license, yes mine covers all weights although with this model it is not an issue. And as regards who will be using it, mostly my wife and I. Our kids , who all surf will probably visit while we are on the road, so there is enough space for the occasional intruders...hehe....

Thank you once again for your reply as you mentioned quite a few things I have had head aches over....

Regards

Joe
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 17:08 Thread Starter

Hi Cabby,

thank you or your reply. Out of all the Motorhomes we saw last week in Sicily (yes we had to go to Sicily as you cannot really buy motorhomes in Malta) the C.I. X-Til really fit the bill and/or ticked all the boxes. We knew what we were looking for before we made the trip. We were lucky enough to be in France a few weeks before and managed to visit a couple of motorhome dealer sites, so we had a good idea of what made sense to us and what didn't.

So when we finally got to Sicily (yes we do want a left hand drive motorhome as it makes sense when using it on the continent) we were pretty prepared as to the layout. We had to have a garage, we needed a nice comfortable living area and the fact that it has A/C and a generator is a plus as we will be travelling while the weather is still warm. Also if used during weekends in Malta during Summer when it's 33 degree weather we will definitely need cooling, something I would want on any camper we would have decided on. I just want to install a ladder and roof rack for our surf boards and an oven.

As regards license, yes mine covers all weights although with this model it is not an issue. And as regards who will be using it, mostly my wife and I. Our kids , who all surf will probably visit while we are on the road, so there is enough space for the occasional intruders...hehe....

Thank you once again for your reply as you mentioned quite a few things I have had head aches over....

Regards

Joe
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 17:14 Thread Starter

Thanks Tony,

I hadn't seen that particular link yet. Quite encouraging. I think we have found our motorhome......!!!!!

Thanks and regards

Joe
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-11-2013, 18:56 Thread Starter

Finally got our Motorhome to Malta.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0987_499.jpg (1,019.3 KB, 1 views)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-11-2013, 18:58 Thread Starter

Just before boarding the Catamaran for Malta.... The final leg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0989_172.jpg (464.6 KB, 1 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page