Compass Rambler 130 info - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 16:45 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Smile Compass Rambler 130 info

I am looking to buy a Compass Rambler 130, 4 berth motorhome. I don't seem to find a lot written about that type Compass motorhome, no reviews nothing? Is there something I'm missing or is there a good reason for this? I'm just a little worried there's not a lot of this model type and I could be about to buy a motorhome that going forward might be hard to buy parts for etc etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 22:55

Wouldn't worry about parts, Compass/ Elddis have a huge range of MH's and share common parts -along with many other makes. Be more concerned that it is damp free and everything works as it should.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 23:26

My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan Naven View Post
I am looking to buy a Compass Rambler 130, 4 berth motorhome. I don't seem to find a lot written about that type Compass motorhome, no reviews nothing? Is there something I'm missing or is there a good reason for this? I'm just a little worried there's not a lot of this model type and I could be about to buy a motorhome that going forward might be hard to buy parts for etc etc.
Try googling 'Elddis Autoquest 130' and see what pops up.

It's basically the same van.

You don't say what year the van is, so you could try 'Elddis 130' instead.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 23:54 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Fantastic thanks for your help, itís a 56 plate having done 9600 miles and said to be in mint condition. This will be our first motorhome so Iím trying to get my head around what Iíve to be looking for, should I expect there to be a habitation certificate with it?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 00:47

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Regardless of whether it has a habitation certificate or not you MUST carry out a thorough damp check before you buy. Damp meters are very cheap to buy and easy to use so no excuse for not doing it. If you don't feel competent then get someone you can trust to do it for you.
Although the van has had very little use it's probably been standing around for months on end in all weathers for over 11 years so it's quite likely to have developed the odd leak, which if not discovered and attended to promptly will have caused a lot of invisible (and very expensive) damage. Also check the tyre walls and treads carefully (especially if they're Michelin camping tyres) for perishing and cracks as they're likely to be dangerous if they're originals and the van has been stored in the sunlight.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page