New Member Introduction - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-10-2021, 12:31 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Burstner Ixeo 590 IT Time Sovereign
Personal Aire
Smile New Member Introduction

Good morning everyone,

We are Steve [me, the Social Secretary side of the partnership because my mouth is always open] and Elaine, the considered, clever and discerning one ['Do you really think that Mr Grumpy rant has achieved anything, other than raising your blood pressure and mine ...?].

We bought Brunhilde, our first motorhome, on 21st April 2021, and have been trying to find out how everything works [or doesn't] ever since, and having fun by playing with things, manly in Scotland, and then seeking help to find what we need to install to make the Van work for us. I'm a technical numpty who was advised by my Physice Teacher 53 years ago not to take Physics at 'O' Level 'because you'd be wasting the Examiner's time', so any advice on electrical matters needs to be couched in VERY simple terms, e.g. 'Put the positive probe on the red terminal ...' so that I can follow the advice [the 'Idiot's Guide' could have been invented with me in mind].

We don't take life too seriously, except when we are obliged to [Passport Control, Vehicle Insurance], and my proudest memento is my Leaving Card from West Sussex where a colleague wrote, 'Marchie, your humour never progressed beyond the Third Form'. I love puns and pretty much all forms of humour, especially from the Radio Shows of the 1960s.

We're waiting for our COVID Booster Jags [Scottish term for a jab] and Flu Jag before booking our first trip to Spain in Brunhilde via our Hovel in france [Winter Sun in Spain in 2018/19 in Gobur Folding Caravan; following year Winter Sun with a 16 year old Swift Charisma Touring Caravan bought the day before departure ... 'Yes, I know now' as Jasper Carrott was wont to say]. My heart Attack in January 2020 during that trip just added the missing element of fun, especially with the free ride in the helicopter ...

Not too sure how to pay the Subs, so would appreciate any advice on how to do so! [First question of many ...]

Steve & Elaine
erneboy, patp, raynipper and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-10-2021, 13:02

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Good luck with everything Steve & Elaine.

Ray.
patp and marchie like this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-10-2021, 14:37

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Hahaha, a man with a sense of humour! I always say the disasters make the best stories! (Afterwards!)

I'm in Spain ATM (Benicàssim) and really enjoying it. I'd say there's probably 80-90% people here wearing masks in the street. Now, I know that might be overkill as you're outside n less risk, but I believe it shows a completely different, and more considered and considerate, attitude. So I feel very safe here.

I'll leave it for someone else to enlighten you about subs cos I use the enhanced mobile version (on the phone) which is entirely different from the web page.
patp, raynipper and marchie like this.

Jean

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-10-2021, 17:38

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,149 Times in 1,085 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Hi and welcome to MHF, you sound about as daft as the rest of us so if you avoid the political and religious stuff on here you will fit in fine.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-10-2021, 17:44 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I have managed to pay the subs now, so I'll have to be sure to get my money's worth ...

Steve
erneboy, patp, raynipper and 1 others like this.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-10-2021, 17:49

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-10-2021, 18:21

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
It’s a welcome from me too and as a paying member you can post wherever you like. A few try now and again to stifle discussion but thankfully have failed so far as we’re not quite aligned with North Korea …….YET. 😄

Terry

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-10-2021, 21:40 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Hahaha, a man with a sense of humour! I always say the disasters make the best stories! (Afterwards!)

I'm in Spain ATM (Benicàssim) and really enjoying it. I'd say there's probably 80-90% people here wearing masks in the street. Now, I know that might be overkill as you're outside n less risk, but I believe it shows a completely different, and more considered and considerate, attitude. So I feel very safe here.

I'll leave it for someone else to enlighten you about subs cos I use the enhanced mobile version (on the phone) which is entirely different from the web page.

We were thinking of moving from Moncofa to Benicassim but chose Benicarlo instead! Small world, as the saying has it! If we manage to get out this year, we willprobably head towards Cartagena for some new scenery

Steve
patp likes this.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 22-10-2021, 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghr272 View Post
It’s a welcome from me too and as a paying member you can post wherever you like. A few try now and again to stifle discussion but thankfully have failed so far as we’re not quite aligned with North Korea …….YET. 😄

Terry
Hmm!!, have I just been got at?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 22-10-2021, 08:05

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
No Kev, I never would have thought that of you.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page