Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Bessacarr e795 Control Panel

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Penquin 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I’m new here. Based in Northern Ireland. 2005 bessacarr is great but went out today to ‘warm her up’ and the control panel was dead (above hab door) and engine wouldn’t start. I’ve put a slow Halfords charger on the engine battery but find it strange that the control panel was blank as I had her plugged in and charging so expected a message at least to say vehicle battery was low. Is there a fuse somewhere for the control panel? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
a picture always helps and the year too

Welcome to MHF Darragh

#5 ·
Now that you have been charging, but which battery of course remains to be answered, as regards fuses there is usually a 230v fuse protecting the charger.

Is the van charger working ?

That could be due to a faulty supply at the “house” end, or a faulty cable or faulty plug or socket - check all of those points to ensure that 230v is actually reaching the MH by plugging a normal mains operated device into a mains socket in the MH.

Once you have ensured 230v IS reaching the MH, check which battery you are charging at the switch mentioned.

If it has been left on charge for a very long time, it is possible that a fault in the battery would have switched everything off.

You said you are charging with a Halfords slow charger, are you charging the vehicle battery directly by connecting to it under the bonnet, or the leisure battery ? If after 12h charging the vehicle still will not turn over and you KNOW the charge was going directly into the vehicle battery then that battery could be dead, that could drag the leisure battery down too.

My GUESS is a faulty 230v connection or supply somewhere. Check the socket that you are plugged in to and it’s appropriate protective fuse.

Do try those points and come back to us so we can think further if needed. I do not have a wiring diagram readily available to know about fuses, your handbook may give you some guidance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.