help new shower tray for 630l - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By erneboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-09-2020, 09:37 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
help new shower tray for 630l

Hi
my name is jeff new to motor homes and problems i bought my 2004 which is in good condition bar for the shower tray which i now find out is a problem in most motor homes ?so im looking to get one but from where??and how easy isn it to fit is there a utube video on fitting one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-09-2020, 10:13

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Can't help you find a new one, but here are companies which will repair and reinforce shower trays without the need to remove them.

If the new one is the same as the old one it may vo the same way. Had on replaced by a dealer a few years back. They put support below.it but it still failed again in the same place as before in a short time. Had it repaired in situ that time.

It took the dealer a ful day and the repairer a few hours.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-09-2020, 11:12

https://speedcoateuro.com

A UK network of repairers, there are other companies too.
raynipper likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-09-2020, 16:41

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I've had a similar outfit to speed coat come out and try to charge us over 200, some may remember me posting about it at the time, it might even have been speedcoat as it was there product he was using but I cannot be certain after all this time.

Anyway I looked up the product at the time and it was basically what the yanks use to coat puck up truck beds, it is a texured rubberised paint, in the end I bought a different product, and did it my self, all I had to do was mask off where I didn't want paint then simple brush it off.

I'll see if I can find the thread.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-09-2020, 16:45

Here we go, this is just a single post, see the rest of the thread for other info.

https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/1557002-post7.html
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-09-2020, 17:18

The one I had used a.product.which hardened into a good solid plastic Kev. It was a strong job thoigh not exactly cheap at 300. But certainly cheap.compared.to the price of a new shower base and a day's labour.

Fitting a new one is a very fiddly job in a confined.space at floor level. I didn't fancy doing it. You are a very accomplished van designer and builder and I know you take it as a challenge and make.a.great job.

I seem to recall that the dealer was quoting me almost the 300 for a new shower base. Since a third one would have been the same as the first two I rejected that idea. I did do a repair with sikaflex which worked perfectly well for many months till we were next in England.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-09-2020, 17:28

I know I had more info at the time, I also thought I had some pictures of the finished article but a search didn't throw anything up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page