Hoping to get some help advice and tips
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 31-05-2020, 14:41

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Make a short list and see what comes close.
Although personally I would buy the largest my license would permit and be able to accommodate.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 31-05-2020, 14:59

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Welcome to MHF,

Choosing a MH is a bit like buying a hat - there are many available, but only ONE feels right.

Write a list of what you hope to do; holidays/ living in it, tour U.K. / EU, be for 2 / 3 / 4 etc. with dog (s) or not, what my budget is, what my driving licence allows now, how close am I to 70 when licence changes, who else will / may drive etc

Then with such a list, wander around as many MH as you can (car dealerships open tomorrow and I suspect MH dealers will too), sit down inside (ideally without the salesman) and THINK, then do the same with as many others as you can find around your area + 100 miles to give you plenty of scope. Take notes as you go or you will forget key bits.

Look at new and used: you may not want new as value is lost rapidly and there are OFTEN snags to sort (sad but true). If you want to use extensively in EU rather than UK, think about left hand drive or right.

Think again at length, come back and ask questions about your possible choices and dealers as there is a vast amount of knowledge on here.

Then think again, is this what you want to do ? Could you try it out for a couple of weeks by hiring so you can see if it is for you (some people think yes, till they are faced with emptying the Thetford toilet cassette).

But welcome, we have all been through those processes and arrived at an answer and now LOVE the consequences....

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 31-05-2020, 15:33

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Well done Dave and very informative but often these casual enquiries don't come back or give enough info to really answer the question.
I hope 'jhe' does and contributes but thats why my initial response is short in the hope they might come back.

Ray.
Penquin likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
The Following User Says Thank You to raynipper For This Useful Post:
Penquin (01-06-2020)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 21:37

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I have little else to do as it's either on here or working in the garden, and with it being 31C at 1100, being on here has attractions..l.

If he does not respond (assumption there as he might be she - no idea), then so be it, others might read the same post as they are in the same situation, who knows...

Perhaps Jhe MIGHT come back, read the posts and press the button bottom left below each post that says "Thanks" - who knows ? Pigs and flying can still be borne in mind...! 🤣
raynipper likes this.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 16:20

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
And check payload. Every MH has a max permissable weight when on the road and if there isn't enough leeway between that and its 'standing empty' weight then you mightn't be able to take all your clobber (particularly relevant if you're to travel with others).

Quite a few vans in the last few years haven't been fit for purpose from that point of view.
Penquin and raynipper like this.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page