We are back ( in April ) - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 12:19

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
Very interesting about the over 90 day stay. I have never really understood the ruling. Is it that you can spend 90 days in one country as long as you don't return to that country within 180 days? What is the reason? Is it to prevent people taking up residence without registering with the local authorities?
As I understand it, it's 90 days within the EU. So if you spend say 45 days in the EU getting to Morocco, then 60 days in Morocco before returning to EU then the 180 day allocation that incudes the previous 45 days in EU will allow you a further 45 days in EU. Total 150 days since you started in EU, so you'd have to leave EU for 30 days.

BUT - if you stayed 90 days in Morocco instead of 60, come back to EU for 30 days then....

you're really starting a fresh 180 day period, so could you just stay on for a further 90 days???

As to reason..... just because they can??!

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 20:26

My Motorhome: Rapido 7065FF
As I understand it the requirement is not more than 90days in ANY 180 days. So it is 90days in a rolling 180.

This means that every day you have to count back 180days and in that count back period you can’t be in EU for more than 90days.

In Jeans first example EU 45days, Morocco 60days, EU 45days, then (say) UK 30days. After this you could have another 45days in EU as every day you stay in EU in this third period is offset by a day which is dropped off the front end of the first 45day EU period.

On day 1 of the third trip the calculation is 44(first trip) + 45(second trip) + 1(third trip)

On day 2 of the third trip it is 43+45+2

In Jeans second example EU 45days, Morocco 90days, EU 45days. After this you could have another 45days in EU.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 06:45

I thought it was each country in the EU. So if you have spent 90 days in France you then have to move on and not return for 180 days. I have seen full timers doing this by spending the summers in France and then the autumn and winter split between Spain and Portugal. I thought the reason behind it was that if you stayed beyond 90 days in any one country, rather than the whole of the EU, you were required to register as a resident.

What is the reason otherwise?

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 06:59

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
The US limits visitors even with a B1/B2 visa to 180 days but does not state which 180 days or back to back. It's all down to the Immigration Officer (thug) on the gate to decide and he has overall power. If he thinks your trying to abuse the system you will be blocked for however long he deems.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 07:58

My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
morning all

this has not really been mentioned yet

https://www.etiasvisa.com/

barry
raynipper likes this.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 08:08

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rws4711 View Post
After we sold our hymer B 564 back to the previous owner we are now the pride owner of a Pilote g742 Explorateur Diamond Edition 2012.
We made the deal with an old friend before we flow back to Australia in September , as he purchased a new vehicle. We will pick up our new baby in April and will spent around 13—15 months in Europe before shipping the motorhome back to Australia. Our intention is to register the vehicle in Germany after we been rejected by lots of UK insurance companies because we don’t have a resident status. We hope to see our old friends in the uk again and make new ones on our travels.Om
Does anybody know if the headlights on the Pilote can be adjusted or need replacing.
I don't understand how you will register it here in Germany if you don't have an permanent address here. How will you get the Motorhome from the UK to Germany if it isn't taxed and insured? You need road tax as well as insurance.
There are probably more obstacles to jump over here than in the UK

P.s. It might be an idea to bring a copy of your marriage certificate with you and any other papers for identity. 😄

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

Last edited by JanHank; 04-02-2020 at 08:14.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 08:57

My Motorhome: Rapido 7065FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplus View Post
morning all

https://www.etiasvisa.com/

barry
AFAIK the situation of 90days in 180 applies from 1 Feb 2020 onwards but without any immediate need for a visa.

ETIASVISA comes into force in 2021 UK passport holders will require to follow that requirement; but the 90 in 180
still applies
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 09:00

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplus View Post
morning all
https://www.etiasvisa.com/ barry
Confusing innit Barry.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 09:11

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
What about British passport holders who have the right to live and own property in Germany with a right to remain pass? there´s another riddle?
patp and raynipper like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 12:30 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Pilote G742 Explorateur Diamond edition
Personal Aire
Send a message via Skype™ to rws4711
I think the big problem is that while the UK is still part of the EU until the end of 2020 it never was part of the Schengen Agreement
This is the reason for the restricted time UK residents are allowed to stay in Europe.

I have a residential Adress in Frankfurt and will be able to register the motorhome without problems.
As we purchased the vehicle from a friend we will be able to drive it to Germany after he will have added us to his insurance for 2 weeks which will be long enough to sort everything in Germany. We have done it before and know the regulations.
raynipper and JanHank like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page