Another Homer (but NOT Homer Simpson LOL) - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:19

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalw35 View Post

nickoff, yep, it sounds like we're very similar, I was born in 1946, so my music is, stones, led zep, floyd, purple and quite a few others, beer obviously, brandy (of course) I've also got a 1991 Yamaha Vmax 1200cc V4, so we also do quite a few m/bike rallies, UK & Europe
Did you not get around to music till "Later in life"???I was also born in 1946 (Dec) first of the baby-boomers (Dad was demobbed in Mar 1946.) My music began with Elvis, Cliff, Pat Boone, Ricky Nelson, Bobby Darin, Everly Brothers, then the Beatles, and the rest of the Liverpool gang. et al
JanHank, JanHank, bigalw35 and 1 others like this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
The Following User Says Thank You to HermanHymer For This Useful Post:
bigalw35 (01-02-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalw35 View Post
many thanks for the greets JanHank & GMJ, and thanks for the warning LOL.

GMJ, a mate of mine once said to that the best time/music was the 70's, my reply was that's because you weren't around in the 60's LMAO

nickoff, We always attend the Osnerbrukers Vmax rally in Germany,

http://www.osnavmaxxers.de/

depending on where you are in the UK, we have a Vmax rally in West Sussex every year in July, open to all comers, the wife doesn't drive, so in the past we camped in a tent, this year it will be the Hymer. I also edit (as a moderator) the Vmaxchat events page, here you can see all the rallies most of us attend.

http://vmaxchat.yuku.com/topic/11526...-a-Glance-2011 (don't be misled by the 2011 date, that's when I started the page, I just update the contents now )
Looks like a good site bigal. I often go to the ABR ( Adventure Bike Riders ) rallys. The Eckythump one near Pickering, Yorkshire is always good. Will be going to Assen then Germany with some mates later on in the year. Hopefully see you around.

Nick.
bigalw35 and bigalw35 like this.

A small deed done is better than a great deed planned.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickoff For This Useful Post:
bigalw35 (01-02-2017)
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:32 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2001 R/H drive Mercedes Hymer B680
Send a message via AIM to bigalw35
Hi Viv, no, well I mean yes, I also liked ALL the 40's & 50's music, my ORIGINAL like was Buddy Holly, still got all his vinyl now, but as I got older my real likes were the bands mentioned earlier, I used to be a member of "The Middle Earth", this was, for the use of a name, a night club, but for hippies and the like. It was in a basement/cellar in Covent Garden in London, used to open about 10pm and close about 8am, it was there I first saw the Floyd, Zoot Money, The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown and various others too numerous to mention. At that time a friend of mine started a security firm called "Blackheath Securities" we used to do most of the festivals (as security/bouncers) in Hyde Park, The Lyceum (in the Strand-London) also various other venues where we actually became friends with a lot of the bands, unfortunately that's all history now, but memories nevertheless.

Work is the ruin of the drinking classes
people only appear bright until you hear them speak

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 14:40 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2001 R/H drive Mercedes Hymer B680
Send a message via AIM to bigalw35
nickoff, we're off to Germany (Harwich - Hoek Van Holland) on the 31st May, on this occasion we're there till 18th July, then home for the UK Vmax rally, but we're looking at another trip later in the year ??. We are also involved with a group on facebook "wild festivals" so we do quite a few weekends with them all over the country. There are several buskers/musicians that turn up and just play, no electric, just acoustic. Check the site out, if your interested you WILL have to register (that's not a problem) but there are several meets already lined up for this year, they are always good meets, sitting around a genuine log fire
nickoff and nickoff like this.

Work is the ruin of the drinking classes
people only appear bright until you hear them speak
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 18:03

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I reckon that's just the invitation Barryd's been waiting all his life for!!

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page