Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Damp 2019 120 Majestic

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jiwawa 
#1 ·
Just had the habitation service and 47% damp in wheel box. I’m so concerned, after only a year!! Also sealant on outside split and discoloured, apparently problem with the sealant used on 2019 models. Sealant poorly finished. Has anyone else had this trouble? Waiting to see if Elddis will allow fix of these issues under warranty.

#3 ·
Quit worrying!

At that age you will be fully covered by the warranty and your dealer will sort it all out for you.

#5 ·
Just had the habitation service and 47% damp in wheel box. I'm so concerned, after only a year!! Also sealant on outside split and discoloured, apparently problem with the sealant used on 2019 models. Sealant poorly finished. Has anyone else had this trouble? Waiting to see if Elddis will allow fix of these issues under warranty.
Interesting to know that there might be a problem with the sealant on 2019 models.
We have a 2019 dealer special 155 and after it's 1st damp check we have between 30% & 50% damp from the offside wheel arch to the rear corner and all along the back.
We are waiting fo Elddis to get back to our dealer in response to a waranty claim they have put in.
We have been told to our horror that the kitchen will have to come out to do the work and possibly all the bathroom.
The dealer said the cause will have to be investigated but we have found faulty sealant and even to our untrained eye can see that is probably the problem.
We are also concerned and absolutely horrified that our motorhome will have to be dismantled inside with the possibility everything will not be perfect when it goes back.

#6 ·
I’m sure it will be put back together with probably more care and attention than when it was initially put together in the factory!

If it’s not to your satisfaction when you pick it up THATS the time get concerned not now.

#7 ·
I bought an Elddis autoquest 115 in March 2019. When it went in for engine and habitation service just before lockdown and serious water leakage in the side above the gas locker and at the rear was identified. It was repaired under warranty in September and hopefully this has cured the problem. However I have noticed in a number of areas the white sealant appears to be detaching at a number of places on the outside so I don't know if this is an indication of further problems.

#9 ·
Just had the habitation service and 47% damp in wheel box. I'm so concerned, after only a year!! Also sealant on outside split and discoloured, apparently problem with the sealant used on 2019 models. Sealant poorly finished. Has anyone else had this trouble? Waiting to see if Elddis will allow fix of these issues under warranty.
just had my elddis encore 255 serviced and wheelbox showing 40 percent damp on wheel box and 25 to thirty on other one will be phoning elddis tomorrow surley this is covered in warrenty 59 plate 2800 miles