Marquis Majestic Accordo 125 problems - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Penquin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-04-2019, 06:51 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Marquis Majestic Accordo 125 problems

We took delivery of our new Majestic 125 on the 1st March 2019 and have now had it for six weeks and done 2200 miles. We like the van but have been disappointed with build quality problems. To name but a few.
I drove it home on day one and found the carpets wet so I hung them to dry. Set off on a journey and found the carpets wet again. Took carpets out and carried on. Plugged in the mains at home and blew the fuses in the van and house. Took it back to Marquis and they found a pipe not fitted so water ran all over the heater. This was sorted out.

Stayed on a car park and tried to use the gas heating for the first time. It lasted only 10 minutes and shut down. I re-set it and it happened time and time agin, ten minutes of heating only. Error code four is a blockage. It went back again, they blew out the pipe and it ran for an hour. I have not used the gas heating since, I am scared. The electric heating works just fine.

In the fixed bed area, the strips over the joints in the wall panels were pealing from day one. It looks like they were not sticky enough.

Marquis have ordered new strips and new carpets, I am sure they will arrive soon.

Using the grill to toast bread, after three minutes we get an almighty bang. We are used to this now but at first it was disconcerting.

My verdict is 7 out of 10, my wife says 6. At under 6 meters, Itís just about the smallest MH with a fixed bed so we knew space would be very limited but itís a perfect size for everyday use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-04-2019, 10:01

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Sounds like a nightmare that may well continue, there can be small snagging issues but these are quite bad, take legal advice about returning it as 'not fit for purpose.'

Terry

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-04-2019, 10:44

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Sadly, our experience with Marquis is less than positive and their sorting out of problems would score a -6 from our experience.

Your faults as you report them are clearly DANGEROUS water over electricity and "bangs" indicate serious faults. Wet carpets MUST be replaced their life will have been weakened.

As suggested above, take legal advice about rejecting the entire vehicle as "unfit for purpose". Don't be fobbed off by Marquis saying it is the manufacturer that must sort - your contract is with the dealer NOT the manufacturer and they cannot abrogate responsibility. They have supplied for use a vehicle with DANGEROUS faults - unacceptable under U.K. law.

Tell them what you intend to do, it will increase their urgency but frankly, they have sold it to you, so their problem is now solved they will NOT want to reverse that action.

If you paid any of the purchase price on a credit card they are jointly liable and telling them can help - they will exert pressure but are also liable to reverse the transaction or block Marquis from using their credit facilities. That would hurt them hard.

Do NOT accept, or continue using a dangerous vehicle - your life is at risk. What else is wrong, or has not been properly routed or connected ? How many more gas leaks may be found ?
dghr272 likes this.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-04-2019, 11:40
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Elddis do get more than a fair share of lemons.
It's easy for us to say but take Penguins advice and do not accept the situation
I believe the faults you list are enough to reject as they are life threatening!

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 27-04-2019, 22:53

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
Anything with the name Marquis on it is going to be a heartbreaker!

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page