Motorhome Facts Forum banner

tracvison help

8K views 58 replies 13 participants last post by  peedee 
#1 ·
Hi all i've got a tracvison sat dish that was ok last week but wont lock on now, has there been any recent changes to any of the satellites lately that might have caused this problem? its making all the right nosies but just keeps going, i'm using an avtex tv with built in sat receiver, any help would be great thanks.Dennis

#46 ·
Good morning,

Right there are a number of things that could be adding to the problem but the frequency settings are easy and the most common.
Turn the dish on and as it raises press the exit button on the remote. As long as the receiver is wired to the TV and the source is set to the Oyster this should give you the search menu options.
At the bottom is "edit settings" which if you highlight and press the menu button instead of the ok button will give you the Oyster service menu. In there you will find a number of options, one of which is "Default transponder". There are four pre programmed into the Oyster which you can choose from. Simply highlight and scroll left or right to change. If you want to see the actual transponder details for each one then press ok and the details should appear at the bottom. If they do not then it's possible that your system software is out of date but that's easy to fix as well. If you send me an email I can send you a sheet which will talk you through the update process step by step and I can also send you the common adjustments sheet just in case you still find that the changes don't improve it as much as you would like.
My email is anthony@oystersat-tech.co.uk should you wish to obtain these information sheets.

#48 ·
Hi Peedee,

Never worked on a Trac Vision but the NID (Network ID) is the Satellite identifier. Many different Satellites use the same frequency details so I assume, from what your asking, that the purpose is to tell the Trac Vision which Satellite to look at when searching that frequency.

#49 ·
Thanks Anthony

I'll try that next time I get the van out.
If I have a problem I'll Email you.
You did talk me through an update some time ago and it worked fine, just a bit long-winded.
If it's possible to just switch to a different transponder that should be easier and quicker, especially if we're out on the road.

#55 ·
Neither have I, King of sat didn't throw up anything and neither have many attempts with Google search tools. One of the reason I want to find a list is to set up my Trac Vision onto other satellites and to verify the current settings. Astra 2 with a ID of 0002 does not stack up with the hexadecimal ID I have of 020 which I think came from C A Clase. I am wondering if it is in error because the decimal 0002 is 002 in hexadecimal. Do you have any idea how critical it is to have the right ID? I believe it only serves to ensure the dish is locked onto the right satellite and to stop it continually searching once aquisition has been made?
peedee

#57 ·
Thanks that does not bother me too much as once aquisition has been made I switch off the dish power to help save my battery supply. I will try changing the IDs and see what happens. At the moment it finds 28.2 fine even with what appears to be a wrong ID. I cannot get it to lock onto 19.2 though. I will reset it this weekend and see what happens.

peedee

#58 ·
I'm looking at Kingofsat now and there's an NID number with each frequency listed.
If you look for the frequency your currently searching for, look along the top line that lists the frequency, Polarization, FEC etc then you'll see it near the end. Also, if your system doesn't have a HD tuner then make sure the frequency your scanning for isn't DVB-S2 because it won't be able to see it anyway.

#59 ·
Anthony thanks, I have at last managed to spot it on KofS pages on the top line for each satellite. Astra 28.2 is indeed a NID of 2

28.2°E
Astra 2E10714.25H41U.K.DVB-SQPSK22000 5/6ASTRA, 33.8 Mbps NID:2TID:2041
peedee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.