Unladen weight - definition and EU directives. - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 20:41
Senior Member
 
rayc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Corfe Mullen, Wimborne Dorset
My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Posts: 7,481
Thanks: 67
Thanked 248 Times in 226 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
The prosecution have to prove your unladen weight was above 3050kg.

Maybe that is why we do not have many reported cases of convictions.

Just file it in 'Pending further investigation'

Geoff
Geoff,
Was it really nearly 9 years ago that I got that first motorhome and joined MHF? It must have been one of my first posts. I am still here so MHF must do something for me but I realise how naive I was in those days. Anyway 4 motor homes later, of various weights and sizes, I have never had the need to prove the ULW of any of them.
Ray
rayc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 22:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK and Katowice, Poland, plus All Europe
My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Posts: 12,355
Thanks: 851
Thanked 436 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc View Post
Geoff,
Was it really nearly 9 years ago that I got that first motorhome and joined MHF? It must have been one of my first posts. I am still here so MHF must do something for me but I realise how naive I was in those days. Anyway 4 motor homes later, of various weights and sizes, I have never had the need to prove the ULW of any of them.
Ray
Ray

What was one of your first posts? something similar to what I said about prosecutors needing to prove?

You have had 4 MHs in 9 years? HMRC might be after you as a 'Trader'

Geoff
nicholsong is online now  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 22:36
Senior Member
 
rayc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Corfe Mullen, Wimborne Dorset
My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Posts: 7,481
Thanks: 67
Thanked 248 Times in 226 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Ray

What was one of your first posts? something similar to what I said about prosecutors needing to prove?


Geoff
Geoff,
Your post of 20.33 today quoted my post from August 2009. I had only had a MH two months then. I have had a fantastic 9 years since then and have made some great friends, most who I met through the MHF rally group.
Ray
rayc is offline  
 
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 06:20
Senior Member
 
Pudsey_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Keighley, Still in Gods County.
My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Posts: 36,966
Thanks: 1,490
Thanked 949 Times in 890 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Why not have the UW on the vehicle like they still do with the bigger stuff and used to do with smaller vans.
Pudsey_Bear is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK and Katowice, Poland, plus All Europe
My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Posts: 12,355
Thanks: 851
Thanked 436 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc View Post
Geoff,
Your post of 20.33 today quoted my post from August 2009. I had only had a MH two months then. I have had a fantastic 9 years since then and have made some great friends, most who I met through the MHF rally group.
Ray
Ray

I had not appreciated that that post I quoted dated from 2009. Now I understand.

Geoff
rayc and rayc like this.
nicholsong is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome