The weight plate, where does it need to be? - Page 6 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 20-05-2015, 19:41

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Jean-Luc

You are assuming that any enforcement officers will not look for any additional plate within the vehicle, or ask for sight of the V5 if you are on the continent. From personal experience a fairly thorough search is made to ascertain that the correct weight plate is being used. (No-one wants to look an idiot when they get to court trust me!) Also don't forget that such information will be held on the Police National Computer (PNC) database in the UK .

There will probably not be any danger if son is driving BUT he will be committing the offence of driving a vehicle of a class that he does not hold a licence for and, as I stated earlier, he CANNOT hold insurance to drive that class of vehicle.

You/he can of course take that chance but you need to be aware that the pair of you could be in line for some hefty fines. In addition any conviction for an insurance offence will have a severe impact on any future premium charged by an insurance company for ANY vehicle.

Your opinion of whether it's safe or otherwise counts for nothing. It's what the law says that will count if/when you get caught.

Your choice.

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 20-05-2015, 23:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
Jean-Luc

You are assuming that any enforcement officers will not look for any additional plate within the vehicle, or ask for sight of the V5 if you are on the continent. From personal experience a fairly thorough search is made to ascertain that the correct weight plate is being used. (No-one wants to look an idiot when they get to court trust me!) Also don't forget that such information will be held on the Police National Computer (PNC) database in the UK .

There will probably not be any danger if son is driving BUT he will be committing the offence of driving a vehicle of a class that he does not hold a licence for and, as I stated earlier, he CANNOT hold insurance to drive that class of vehicle.

You/he can of course take that chance but you need to be aware that the pair of you could be in line for some hefty fines. In addition any conviction for an insurance offence will have a severe impact on any future premium charged by an insurance company for ANY vehicle.

Your opinion of whether it's safe or otherwise counts for nothing. It's what the law says that will count if/when you get caught.

Your choice.

Andy
See post #48

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page