Amperor Power Integrator - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 15-08-2013, 21:12 Thread Starter

Apart from some initial teething problems and some corrections to the installation instructions my Amperor has done all that it says on the tin for the last two years. Haven't done any comparisons with what should have been achieved on any one day as there has been no need apart from the depths of winter both habitation and vehicle batteries have been brim full.

We don't use that much power.

Also good correlation with my NASA battery monitor so I know longer fret.

220Ahr wet cells, Kyocera 130W panel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 15-08-2013, 21:48

My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Personal Aire
The one thing that puzzles me about the information from Amperor is the claim for Wind Turbine charging.

MPPT controllers are claimed to be the best to maximise Solar charging yet they are not recommended for Wind Turbines. PWM are recommended instead. I am not 100% certain of the reason but I believe the many fluctuations in turbine output are not always picked up by the MPPT system and it affects efficiency.

Therefore, I find it strange that they can claim to be the best for Solar AND Wind power.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 16-08-2013, 09:55

Thanks for your reply Frank,
sounds good that it's installation has fallen into the background and that it is quietly supporting your motorhome needs.

Once looking at the area available on my roof I realised that I might want to exceed 200w max solar in the future so need to look at another scheme.

I sometimes wonder if I make it to the day when i'll stop fretting !

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 20-08-2013, 13:45 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747
The one thing that puzzles me about the information from Amperor is the claim for Wind Turbine charging.

MPPT controllers are claimed to be the best to maximise Solar charging yet they are not recommended for Wind Turbines. PWM are recommended instead. I am not 100% certain of the reason but I believe the many fluctuations in turbine output are not always picked up by the MPPT system and it affects efficiency.

Therefore, I find it strange that they can claim to be the best for Solar AND Wind power.
Although the inputs are marked up WIND and SOLAR You can put solar into both inputs if you need to (ie have more than 100W) but wind power can ONLY be connected to the one Marked WIND perhaps thats the difference.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 13-03-2019, 07:05

My Motorhome: I drive...
hopefully I can resurrect this thread, with problems I am having with my motorhome (Dethleffs A Class) and it's Amperor charging system.

I bought this van from Glossop's and when it went in for its pre sales check over they said that the alternator had gone, they duly replaced it, and 4 weeks later when picking it up they said it had gone again (delay tactics I wonder) anyway I complained like hell, and we got the van with a new alternator (they said).

after having it a month or so I noticed that the dashboard warning lights, ASR, Handbrake, and Brake Fluid were flashing on and off intermittently, and on the Amperor system control panel, the voltage was jumping up and down between 14 and 18 volts, so I just thought ill check both batteries as they had been new ones from Glossop's, both batteries terminals were loose, so I tightened them up and everything was fine for a few weeks. Anyway this month same things happened again about 50 or 60 miles into a journey the Amperor system shows that both batteries are fully charged and charging at 14.3v, then it happens again and starts over charging, also this time when starting the engine, the battery light stayed on twice, I then restarted and it went off, so yes I know there is a problem with the alternator now more than likely.

Question is, how will I find out if this is the original size of alternator that Glossop's put on, or it may be an inferior type/wrong alternator that can't cope with giving max load out to the Amperor, or is the Amperor system killing the alternators, or is the alternator the wrong one that they have put on that is the none sensing type, when the original one had a sensing alternator that works with the ECU of the van.

I don't want to buy the wrong type and have it fitted, as a garage will surely go off whats ever fitted and just replace it.

sorry for the long winded post, but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with this dilemma and hope any of the original posters can help even though this business (Amperor Associates have gone bust) also if anyone has the original Amperor pdf's that would be helpful.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 13-03-2019, 08:05

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Hi Alan and welcome to MHF, I'd be inclined to go back to Glossop Caravans with this, it seems a reasonable time for things to still be working as they should, if you have found loose battery clamps, what else might they have not done right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page