Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Stardream external temp sensor ic

522 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jiwawa 
#1 ·
hi- i'm hoping someone may be able to help identify the external temperature sensor device used on our 2008 autocruise Stardream.
The sensor is faulty , i'm pretty sure due to water ingress causing corrosion to the small pcb mounted 3 pin sensor. This was encased in heatshrink and located externally underneath in a chassis corner below the position of the drivers seat.
my issue is identifying the device used as the sensor, its some kind of 3 pin temp sensor??

i have attached a picture of the sensor with the heat shrink peeled back.

i am going to contact Swift who took over Autocruise around 2008 but ive heard they dont show much interest in legacy Autocruise model support.
Any advice would be gratefully received
tway

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You probably won’t be able to get just the sensor, it’s such a cheap to produce item no-one probably carries them as stock items.
Is it part of the original spec or an aftermarket item?

#5 ·
That looks as if its similar Barry, i think it would depend on the I.C. device spec. There is a fair chance it might work, from what i have deduced it is likely an analog device so the mV output at 25 degress C would need to match the original. Had i not found what follows i was ready to try a few 3 pin analog devices to see------- LM35 for example

Since i originally posted I have delved around a bit and found a company called MOTOR CYCLE ELECTRICAL SERVICES (MES- Warrick 01926 499756) who can offer support for the LCD touch screen control panel and the Power distribution Module PDU that was originally fitted to our 2008 Autocruise Stardream. My thinking was that as the external temp sensor directly connects to the PDU unit there would be a good chance they could help, and although i didnt find out the precise device type they were most helpful and a replacement sensor is in the post. ( i haven't got it yet but when i do i will confirm whether or not fitting resolves my issue)

Maybe MES can offer support to other AUTOCRUISE models in addition to the Stardream , so the information that they can offer support for the Control Panel and the PDU unit may be very useful to owners of these MH
I think AUTOCRUISE owners have a forum on this site

I hope this info is useful
Tway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.