Swift 530 LP Leisure Battery Issue - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes
  • 3 Post By DavePilkington
  • 1 Post By EJB

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-08-2020, 15:47 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Swift 530 LP Leisure Battery Issue

Hi,

I am relatively new to Motorhomes, I have an 06 Swift 530L Fiat motorhome. I had removed the mains feed to the MH for a couple of months and recently reconnected it up. I noticed that even after being connected to the mains for days when I disconnected the mains the leisure battery was not working (no internal lights etc). I assumed the LB was flat, however if I connect an air pump I have to the battery terminals directly it works so the battery appears to be fine. On the control unit if I select leisure battery there is nothing, no lights or indication on the panel. If I switch to main battery then everything works

I looked at the wiring diagram and after eventually locating the Leisure battery I checked the fuse directly connected to the LB, this was fine. In the wiring diagram I found there is a LB fuse under the bonnet behind a plastic cover, this was also okay. I checked that 12v is coming to the fuse and replaced it with a new one anyway (20A). There are two relays behind the fuses related to the LB circuit, so I swapped these around as a test and again nothing. When I select the LB option switch on th control panel there is nothing at all, I am assuning that if the LB can run an external electric pump with no problem that it should run one light when in place, so I beleive the battery itself is okay

I have checked other fuses and they are all okay, as the lights etc work with no issue on the main vehicle I beleive there may be another fuse or option I have missed. I have also removed the connector after the LB in line fuse and checked there is 12v output

As everything was working fine and the vehicle has not moved I have got as far as I can, any thoughts on what can be checked or if anyone has had a similar issue I would appreciate any thoughts

Many thanks in advance

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-08-2020, 16:21 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
After playing about more I finally found the issue, the connector (two prong inline) just after the leisure battery was corroded, if I wiggled the connector the lights came on, so I will cut the connector out and replace it completely and try and make the ingress point into the battery compartment more water proof

Hope that helps someomne searching for the same issue
Penquin, raynipper and Pudsey_Bear like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-08-2020, 17:56

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Well done you Dave for solving the problem - and welcome to the forum. We'll look forward to future contributions!

Jean

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-08-2020, 08:59
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Always worth buying a low priced voltmeter (£9.99)...it takes all the guessing away!

https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-mas83...ter-600v/75337

PS. Lower priced ones are available!!
raynipper likes this.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.

Last edited by EJB; 24-08-2020 at 09:05.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-08-2020, 10:03

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Welcome and well done Dave ("What a difference a Dave makes"), glad to hear that you have sorted it.

I carry a voltmeter all the time, it has proved invaluable in sorting issues.

Our 2003 Swift Kontiki has given us massive pleasure, we have no thoughts about replacing it as there is nothing to match its facilities.

It is probably the ONLY Swift, now registered in France - that was a game and a half but it was sorted eventually.

Dave

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Last edited by Penquin; 24-08-2020 at 10:06.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page