IH Campers - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 14-01-2013, 20:57 Thread Starter

IH Campers

Been looking at IH vans also have their specsheet and the pod/rear end (no rude pun intended) is a £3500 optional extra, just curious to know if anyone has one or seen one with the normal back doors in place as every IH that I have ever seen has been with the tradmark boot/rear end.

Regards Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 19-07-2013, 13:00

Hi Richard. We have got the TioM with the normal opening doors which does have the advantage of when open being able to let plenty of sun and air through if required. We had a curtain made and hung across the back to prevent draughts on the colder days. Very happy with motorhome and the service from IH Motorhomes - Nigel was very helpful.
Alan
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 19-07-2013, 14:38

My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Hi Richard,

The Tio RD (RD = Rear Doors) is the one to look for. I have only seen 1 on the internet in the last 6 months, a 2008 model at OakTree Motorhomes (I think) going for around £32k. All used IH models are as rare as hens teeth and go very quickly if sensibly priced. The Oregon which has the forward lounge seems to be slightly less popular than the Tio range but even they don't hang around for long. IH have some used models on their website but they are asking silly money, eg a 2007 Tio R for £38995. I would dearly love to get my hands on a Tio R but cant go any higher than £32k

If anyone reading this knows of any Tio's for sale in their area, please let know

Caulkhead

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 19-07-2013, 15:04

Hi Caulkhead.
There is a good priced Tio M at Chelston Motorhomes - well compared to what I paid for mine from IH anyway.
Alan
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 19-07-2013, 18:14

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Hi there.

If you are looking for an IH there is a good one for sale at Wildax motorhomes, a 58 model for £29,995 and an excellent layout too with the rear u shaped lounge It also has the GRP back with is a £3,500 option.

I have no connection with the MH or the company by the way. We are getting a panel van when our big A class sells so I have been looking and might well have been tempted by this one.

Paul.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 19-07-2013, 18:55

Hi Paul,

Yes I did look at that one at Wildax (on the website-not in person). There are two probs, 1. Its the medium wheelbase and so the lounge is very compact, 2. There is only a hob and no oven. The Tio R on the long wheelbase is the one we are after but thanks for taking the trouble to post

Caulkhead
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 23-07-2013, 14:27 Thread Starter

IH Motorhomes

Hi caulkhead
I haven't got an IH but have a timberland destiny 2010 which is almost the same lots of extras. Richard.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 23-07-2013, 15:20

Hi Richard,

The Destiny is also on my wish list but again you don't see many around on the used market. There are a couple on the Caravan Club Classified site, 1 in Essex and 1 in Glamorgan, both at £35k. I am waiting for a house sale to go through before I will have the dosh so cant action a purchase until that is completed. I have also been keeping an eye on a Timberland Endeavour at Fullers in Notts. Unlike most other Endeavours this one has a rear lounge.

How do you like your Destiny? Are the bench seats long enough to be used as singles?

Regards, Caulkhead
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 24-07-2013, 09:40 Thread Starter

IH Campers

Hi we love our destiny its just the right size and layout for us. we use the single beds mostly as so convenient and the duvets left in situ covered with a throw means no bed making! the length is an issue with taller people, 5ft10" or double 6ft in length although by extending the single out it not only makes it wider but your feet could hang off the end! We also had the back cushions split as 3ft is much easier to move/store than 6ft. Had numerous other improvements made too. Only reason we are changing is we need storage for a mobility scooter now.
Regards Richard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page