Hello to anyone with a Nu Venture motorhome - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 20-09-2009, 12:45

Send a message via MSN to TheBoombas
we thougt the sand was a tad wee small for us! Why is the nu-Rio too big? it's only 18' 6" and drives like a big car?
We howerver after 4months with the Nu Rio have decided to get a bigger van. (Next week) Main reason is we intend to spend a lot longer in it on long trips to France and will need more space for us and equipment.

As a weekend van it's excellent. the payload is not an issue if you only intend to use it for short breaks, plenty of cupboards and underset storage.

I'm not sure what your issue is with the seat belts? It has two just like a lot of vans do! and as far as I'm aware you can carry people in the back (Unbelted) providing your insurance company knows, The law on this is very grey! I think that if it's children under 12 and then they must be belted in if there is a seatbelt available (One in the front) Of course saying that the main question should be (Is it safe to have unbelted passengers!!!)

Boomba's
Brian & Lorraine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 20-09-2009, 18:17

Nu Venture Motorhomes

Have been reading the posts regarding Nu Venture MotorHomes and thought I would mention that we owned a old Rio based on the Fiat Scudo chassis and were delighted with it. It was very reliable until it broke down on the M5 last January just 1 week before we were due to part ex for our present Swift MH. We had done 10K miles and owned it for 2 1/2 yrs. The only reason for changing was the bed arrangement, we now prefer 2 singles ( avoids crawling all over your partner when needing to go to loo in middle of night ) but apart from that it was great, the dealer sold it in just a few weeks.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 25-04-2010, 23:50

Nu Venture Rio's

Have now had my Rio for 6 months, and finally wild slept in it last night. I find it wonderful...so compact; can just about park it in a supermarket car park, and go down country lanes; in theory it is economical (can't get more than 36 mpg so far altho I am told lots fet over 40mpg)

The only negative so far is
....those that sit in the back can get van sick...any tips? My seats are side facing. Some say seeing the horizen may help.
....the loo does not flush so I use the shower.

Ideally I would love a sleep four the same size, same spec. Surely one can be made, or exists...but where?

A happy comper,

Liz

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 27-04-2010, 02:29

Send a message via MSN to TheBoombas
Hi Liz
Glad you like your Rio, We exchanged ours after only three months. We loved most things about it, but just found it too much hassel and too small at nightimes Only choice once the bed is madewas BOTH having to going to bed! Storage was also an issue for us.

We never did manage to get over 38mpg inspite of what's said and for trying!! Still much better than the 25mph we get now!!!

You say the Loo does not flush! have you checked the fuse? I think there is one in the cupboard were the cassette is fitted (Need to remove this first)

As for the travel sickness, Yes I d say it's due to sitting sidewards. As a child I was always travel sick in trains and bus's that had side seats, never was if I could face forward and see were I was going!

The Romahome C40 is a 4 berth van still based on the Citreon Dispatch!!
http://www.avonmotorcaravans.co.uk/m...hp?pid=140906#

Boomba
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:09

Hi to the small but select group of Nu-venture owners.

Having had 2 coachbuilts (a 2002 Swift Gazelle and currently a 2005 Lunar Telstar - see avatar), we are trading for a 2007 Nu Venture Caletta in a couple of weeks.

Wanted a van conversion for size and convenience but frustrated by most having lack of storage and tiny kitchens - then we saw article in current MMM on a 2006 Caletta (wrongly identified as a 2004 in the magazine) which seemed to meet our needs - nice big kitchen with full sized cooker & fridge, lots of worksurfaces, belted seating for a third person and a fair bit of storage. Found one at a local dealers and away we go!!!

Interested in people's impression of living with one of these and of the overall build quality and robustness of the Nu Venture vans (looks quite good to my untrained eye)

Jon
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:17

Nu Venture

"Woolly" on here has a Nu Venture Bespoke Motorhome.

It aint Small though!

ô
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 29-05-2010, 09:52

The one I want is the Romahome R25 if I win the lottery or something.... Beautifully designed.

http://www.avonmotorcaravans.co.uk/m...php?pid=141954

Sigh......
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 29-05-2010, 19:06

My Motorhome: Swift Rio 320
I had a NuVenture Quattro 2004, I found it to be very poor for payload, with the minimum of equipment on board the rear axle was on the weight limit.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 14-06-2010, 22:13

Send a message via MSN to chopper
many years a go i had a autohomes Bambi, which i had for 4 years, which i loved to bits and now cant work out how i coped in it as i now have a autotrail tracker eks

the one thing that bugged me with the bambi was that where the seats/beds were u could not stand up can u in the nu ventures?

regards

keith
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 28-06-2010, 07:39

Rio...2006

Hi,

...thanks for the reply to my post. Interesting to know it is actually hard to get over 38 mpg out of my lovely Rio. Now have got up to 37, but guess less water in tank and no cooker would help.

I still love it. I like its tinyness...more like camping. Wish it did 3 people tho like the murvi piccolo can, who convert the front seat. Will look at if it is still possible with mine...perhaps Nu Venture can come up with something!

Looking forward to more posts on the Rio

Liz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page