post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 21:34
JP

Re: romahome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayblossom
where's the romahome forum?

As for the insurance, we use Safeguard. They are not the cheapest, but are more "all inclusive" than some, and have a very good reputation. Some of the "cheaper" ones come out more or less the same when all the non-optional extras have been added on - especially if you go abroad a couple of times a year.

Not always expensive, we have just got our renewal from Safeguard at £326 everyone else is coming in at well over £400 and most don't include breakdown.
My parents also use Safeguard and broke down in SW France, they were brilliant and offered a repair within 3 days but ended up providing a hire car and bringing the MH back to the UK for a cheaper repair.
JP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 21:49 Thread Starter

Ta-have gone with safeguard as their quote was good and the site asked the right questions, so i was confident it would be correctly done..finally got cover!
thanks everyone!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 22:40

Romahome Awnings

Hi Mayblossom, My wife & I have had five Romahome Motor Caravans in our time, including three based on the Honda Acty and two based on the C15. The canvas awning, heavy but solid, fits on the back, over the rear door. It is a Free Standing awning, meaning that you set it up and are then able to leave it behind to 'mark your pitch '. Set up the corner pieces first, adding the long side poles and to them add the first uprights. The uprights are in two pieces, the bottom half being fitted by lifting the whole thing upwards, definitely a 'two- man operation.' The thing to do is set up the framework, then ''oik'' the canvas over the framework, then use tent pegs to keep it on te ground. I believe the poles are spring loaded, so keep themselves together.
Best of luck. Jack & Patty, Cornwall.
PS, If you are stuck, go see Ant at Avon Motor Caravans, just south of Bristol Airport.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 23:30 Thread Starter

ah! that explains why i couldnt find any fixings on the sides of the body. It looks like it could be pretty big once up, so could be good for putting bikes under at night, apart from giving shelter during the day.thanks very much for the info.
all the best

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page