Calling all Wildax campervan owners! - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 25-09-2009, 20:58 Thread Starter

Calling all Wildax campervan owners!

Hi guys, anyone interested in starting wildax owners club? Theres loads of vans out there, first meet up would be NEC in October any takers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 27-09-2009, 10:02

My Motorhome: Swift Rio 320
I have an Aurora Leisure on order for a December build date. It would be useful to have an Owners Club website so that we could share information.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-10-2009, 01:56

Wildax Motorhomes

Hey all

I purchased a used 2006 (2007 conversion on a Citroen Relay) Wildax Aurora earlier this year and it is great. The quality of the conversion is brilliant and I have had tremendous help from Duncan when I needed to replace the TV under warranty. He put me in touch with Road Pro who replaced the TV within 5 days.

We have been away in the van most weekends this year and drove down to Venice and back through the Alps in the summer.

We will be attending the NEC in October to hopefully meet Duncan in person to thank him for his help.

We would be interested in joining some sort of Wildax Group in the future.

This is our first van and we are extremely pleased with it and will be looking with interest at new models for the future.

I hope this helps anyone who is thinking of buying one.

I am not related in anyway to the Wildax Company which is based in Yorkshire and I live in the South West.

Cheers

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 16-10-2009, 20:01 Thread Starter

hi tins you've got the same van as me, they must be twins!!! I keen on getting a club started interested?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 17-10-2009, 00:13

Send a message via AIM to harp
[B] :P :P :P :P :P :P
Hi Tin, Sleepingbag and Wildaxers,

Yes, we are looking forward to enjoying our Aurora leisure with many trips. An owners' club would be great! Duncan said he would deliver our "Narnia" ( this is the name we give for this one. We had special names for our2 previous M'van.) next Tuesday, wartch this space see if he can manage it. So far, we are very happy with Duncan & his team. I am a fairly demanding person ( reasonable kind), he & Chris were really wonderful. I know they had tried their best to accommodate my demand & my mother's needs. It will be interesting to see if there are someone out there more demanding than I have been.

We shall use Narnia very often. I like to take mother out whenever I can, that will be about 4 days a week, and we probably will take long trips 8-10 times a year. The day outings we hope to be able to take some house bound or slightly disabled friends to join us. I can serve meals in the rear lounge. When we go away for longer trip, the rear lounge will be a fixed double bed which can also be a single bed with only 2/3 at the rear slide out. When mother gets older she would find getting in and out of the bed through the narrow gap difficult. Then I shall need to make up the front lounge at night. At least we still would have a single fixed bed at the back, I can just chuck all my bedding on it in the morning. I had enough of those rolling up the duvet / sleepings. I plan and hope to have minimal fiddling with bed making or performing any transfiguration enroute. I play the harp, which mother loves. I have 4 harps ranged from 22 strings bardic harp to the big size grand concert harp. But I shall bring along my 34 strings Clarsach, a Scottish lever harp. AND we are in ernest preparation to get our dear Tabby Benjamin Disreali get used to harness. We don't want to loose him but we very much hope he can enjoy the outings with us. We also plan to get a folding trike with a tailor made seat for mother in the front so I can trike her around the camp sites or the near by places. The trike seems to be able to store under the rear fixed bed. But the trike people in Cambridge are very kind, he wanted us to take the M'van to their place and see what can they do. They obviously are not just interested in money. They do not want us to spend a lot of money and dispointed. So watch this space again , we shall let you know the development. Mary
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-02-2010, 07:11

I have recently taken delivery of a new Constellation. It would be good to start a forum.

Tony
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-02-2010, 12:37

Hi Mr Sleeping Bag and all.....great idea!!!

We're definitely interested in the forum and I have been watching this thread since we ordered last November, hoping to see some discussion about your experiences.

Can't report anything ourselves as we are awaiting a new Aurora Leisure from Duncan and his team in early June. Long time to wait and we're hoping he can pull us forward a bit. Hope to see him at the NEC in a couple of weeks.

We are brand new to motorhoming, so any tips and advice so we hit the ground running would be great. Particularly interested to hear what additional security measures you folks think worthwhile. I understand there is some kind of tracking device as standard, but over and above that, what is sensible, e.g., for on the driveway at home where it will be parked....and how about insurance too all considering we will be taking the van overseas.

Thanks for any help

Cheers, Don
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-02-2010, 20:06

My Motorhome: Swift Rio 320
Trackmaster and deadlocks are standard on the Citroen Relay.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 16-02-2010, 21:25 Thread Starter

wildax get together

hi wildax owners, lets get together contact me on 07866959406 :P

Rowley you live quite close, as I live at Pontefract.

I think one saturday would be best, with a stay over at a site.
Any suggestions ????????? I think the dales would good.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 17-02-2010, 00:13

Hi MrSleepingbag
You might consider me to be close to you as I did all my school years in Hemsworth, so speak the same language! Married a Scot and lived in Wales for more than 30 years. Bought our Wildax Constellation in October 2008 having ordered it in May 2008. It is a 2005 Citroen Relay base vehicle with just 35K on the clock. We just love the layout and some of the finishing touches. Have added external screens and a BBQ point and installed home made curtains to divide the cab and living area. This was very useful -eliminating the need to use silver screens when staying on the French Aires. Research had suggested this was a sensible precaution should we be attacked and needed to leave in a hurry. Needless to say we always ensured everything was in the van and the awning was wound in before retiring for the night!

Would be interested in an owners group and while we have seen one other Wildax on the roads, we have never seen another at the rallies we have attended. Never say no to a trip to God's own country (or county) although we do have a busy calendar so dates may not suit. Also belong to MCC. School playgrounds make good campsites and schools may be willing to rent relatively cheaply to include the use of toilet and hall facilities. A sewerage drain can be used for chemical toilet emptying and it is useful to have a nearby tap for cleaning and another for fresh water supplies. Using a school for a weekend rally usually means there are nearby facilities, pubs, shops, perhaps a bus route. The school benefits from the (often) very welcome income and in our experience motorhomers leave a site in the same or better condition than they found it (unless on grass in torrential rain!).

May be worth asking Duncan/Chris if a mention could be made on their website to encourage others to join. Perhaps an informal get together for the first event with a plan for the future presented at a get together during the weekend?

We look forward to hearing from you and will 'watch this space'.
Best wishes
Chris_s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page