Bits of your Murvi you've thought about/have tinkered with.. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 21:30 Thread Starter

Bits of your Murvi you've thought about/have tinkered with..

No, this post is not aimed at people who have re-wired the gas or some such dangerous thing. It is aimed at those people who have found neat solutions in their Murvi...

I'll start the ball rolling with a couple of things I've been thinking about; I've not discussed either with Rex or Andy, so there maybe a neat solution in their records.

In the wardrobe I'd like to install a couple of drawers, one under each shelf. Now this could be a built in draw set, or under slung trays on draw runners. Not quite sure how I would mount them... We find the shelves too deep in the wardrobe, yes we could use a collection of boxes to separate the clothes, but we though drawers on those long extension runners would be ideal. Then you could pull them out and look down on the clothes rather than bending down and peering in.

The other cupboard we'd like to know what people have done is the one at the end of the worktop, opposite the corner seat. At the moment it has a pull down front and things get stuffed inside, torches, bags, level, etc. It's all a bit messy. Again we thought a draw would be ideal here, same front. Of course because the front is angled it could end up being a little small.

Anyhow, any one else looked at a cubby hole, cupboard or shelf and thought up/implemented a solution for their Murvi Morello or otherwise?

Ideas on a post card please...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 21:28

The only modification we've made - wait for it - is to drill the wardrobe shelves & replace the screws which held them on the supports with tiny bolts & wingnuts, so we can get the shelves out easily to access the panel behind if necessary. We don't use the aerial socket so the top shelf is quite high up (just below jacket length), & we have a couple of flat storage boxes, one behind the other, under the 3rd shelf down, so quite decent heights (though not equal, because of the fuse panel) above the 2nd & 3rd shelf.

We've put a clip-together cutlery tray thing, bought originally for our previous van from Lakeland, into the cupboard at the front end of the worktop (we have an '07/'08 design - were the cupboards different in the slightly shorter van?) & rearranged the compartments to sort of fit into the space & hold things from cooking implements to spare batteries to rolls of polythene bags. It's not stable enough to pull out, so we have to grope for things, but it does organise a host of small items.

Due to a delivery delay prior to conversion we only collected the Morello just under a week before we went to France last year, & panicked about how everything would fit into the odd-shaped cupboards (we had a Nuevo before), but we found we had room to spare & actually prefer the miscellaneous cubbyholes now!

The only cupboard we'd like some ideas about is the top one by the sliding door. At the moment we use it to store all our chargers, leads, camera & GPS usb connectors, dongles, headphones, etc etc, in Tesco value storage containers which don't sit properly & have to be all taken out to find the thing we need which is inevitably at the bottom - but we can't see how to fix some miniature compartments vertically into the space!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 00:06

Personal Aire
"The only cupboard we'd like some ideas about is the top one by the sliding door. At the moment we use it to store all our chargers, leads, camera & GPS usb connectors, dongles, headphones, etc etc, in Tesco value storage containers which don't sit properly & have to be all taken out to find the thing we need which is inevitably at the bottom - but we can't see how to fix some miniature compartments vertically into the space!!!"

Glad it's not just me, then!

Dave

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-03-2009, 12:20 Thread Starter

I've been looking at putting drawers into the wardrobe...

I'm either going to mount a drawer using a pair of those runners for keyboard shelves used in computer tables. I'd mount the runner to the underside of a shelf. Or, my wife's suggestion, is to use two, flat, drawer runners under each drawer attached to the top of each shelf. Though I'll have to ensure that the runners can bear weight when mounted horizontally and extended.

Shelves are either going to be made by me, simple MDF or plastic ones from Lakeland or scavenged from an old Argos draw set.

I think it could work. Pulling a drawer out and looking down on clothes would be much easier than bending down in from of the cupboard and pulling various shoe boxes out.

And I agree about that high cupboard by the sliding door. We can't get any sort of box to fit so it gets used as storage for binoculars and a couple of wildlife books.

I'll look at making the shelves easy to remove, good tip that hiker.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 14:23 Thread Starter

After searching high and low I have finally found a set of drawer runners that look like they will work in the wardrobe.

I first found these...Drawers are Us

But as we have bought the baskets I traced the slide's manufacturer.

Horziontal Shelves

The model numbers are:

ITEM# SIZE
950SSL600 24” - DT600mm x CT600mm
950SSL550 22” - DT550mm x CT550mm
950SSL500 20” - DT500mm x CT500mm
950SSL450 18” - DT450mm x CT450mm
950SSL400 16” - DT400mm x CT400mm
950SSL350 14” - DT350mm x CT350mm
950SSL300 12” - DT300mm x CT300mm
950SSL250 10” - DT250mm x CT250mm

These look ideal for screwing to a shelf for mounting a basket between, maybe on a piece of 3mm hardwood as a base.

I'm just checking whether he'll ship to the UK.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page