Is any one else travelling around in a Devon conversion? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 24-05-2010, 20:58

Can't help but agree about the good quality of these vans, we've been thrilled to bits with the design and workmanship on ours.

Our 2003 van with 40,000 on the clock is still in great condition, and the standard of finish I came across when fitting a couple of accessories was in marked contrast to the shoddy efforts I encountered on my two coachbuilts.

Lesley, try the small calor bottles, 3.9 kg or thereabouts.

My van came with those 907 bottles, but I can JUST fit one of the above with the bolt on carry handle removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 26-05-2010, 13:34

I put longer screws on hinge, of folding flap.
Which helped them going slack all the time
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 19-10-2010, 08:09

Well, I guess I'm a new Devon owner - just purchased an Aztec MWB which we pick up in a couple of weeks.

I too had concerns about the build quality as it is a six hour round trip to the manufacturer. Also, reports on thr dreaded reverse judder are freaking me out - wait and see what happens.

Also, does anyone have a cycle carrier fitted (Ducato). I have also read reports of the rear door hinges splitting.

Our previous van got us everywhere - both West and Eastern Europe, so this one will have adventures with us aswell )

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 19-10-2010, 10:24

devon

I have devon Rio Grande.
The few defects I have rectified myself ie the curtains velcro have nothing to stick to, I stapled velcro on door upholstry
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 19-10-2010, 10:59

Hi there,

Well we are now 5 months into our year around Europe in a Devon Monte Carlo and I have to say we still love the van. It's holding up very well to some rough treatment from roads in the Baltics and Poland. We had to replace a wing mirror after a Dutch bus "got" us and the had to have the motor on the passenger window replaced, which we weren't expecting on a 5 yr old van, but these things happen.

Downsides? There aren't many. I now find that we never use the oven. It's a glorified cupboard for us. We do use the grill and the hob though. I wish Devon had lined all the wood under the bed with that felty stuff as it does get condensation there now it's cold. The bed is fantastically comfy though. I put shelves in the wardrobes as there was nothing we were likely to hang up. I would dearly like to redesign the cupboard next to the sink so that crockery does not slide about.

Have a look at the section in our blog about living in the van for more info.

I also wish we'd found a way to get refillable gas. The Gaslow bottles didn't fit in the gas cupboard, and we were not sure about an underslung tank on the roads we knew we'd be travelling on, but gas is always our biggest problem out here and refillable would have been the answer. Hindsight is such a great thing!

L x

Fancy a great ebook read? Try this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGULBU0

Read about our trip around Europe - http://charliedogcametoo.blogspot.co.uk/

Interested in writing? Check out my blog http://lesleysscribblingsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Would like to view my painting? Follow me on https://www.artfinder.com/lesley-hale#/
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 19-10-2010, 13:49 Thread Starter

It is lovely to hear what everyone is up to in their Devon conversions.
Yes, doesn't everyone put shelves in the wardrobe - we certainly did!
Our latest concern is the water pump that has become very noisy - someone should be fixing it tomorrow. We remain pleased with the van we chose and plan to keep it well into its old age.

Carol and Anthony of Salford
Smell the flowers while you can

http://www.candakubicki.blogspot.com
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 15-03-2013, 21:43

My Motorhome: Devon Aztec
will be in the cards

Hi! Just stumbled across this thread... very late! Thought I'd comment nonetheless.

We have a Devon Aztec 2010, which we bought in 2012 at the beginning of the season. We're very happy with it so far and we're excited to be off on the road this season. We're still new to motorhoming - this is our first outfit! We spent a lot of time mulling and choosing. Glad we did now, as it looks like we chose well and will not be trading in for some time.

Haven't had a chance to get across the channel yet but have been all over England already and will explore further this year. Scotland and Europe will be in the cards!

So far we have not seen one single Devon of any model on a campsite or on the road. Shocking! Glad to see there are others out there!

Wherever you go, there you are.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 17-03-2013, 21:28 Thread Starter

Re: will be in the cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman

So far we have not seen one single Devon of any model on a campsite or on the road. Shocking! Glad to see there are others out there!
There's now a Devon motor home owners group .. and a meet is planned, so a lovely opportunity to see more Devons
See http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/devonmotorhomes/

Carol and Anthony of Salford
Smell the flowers while you can

http://www.candakubicki.blogspot.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page