Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Website Help (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/17-website-help/)
-   -   How to change avatar? (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/17-website-help/240191-how-change-avatar.html)

ChrisandJohn 18-11-2020 10:12

How to change avatar?

I've just updated some profile information and would now like to change my avatar. Any idea how I can do this? 'Choose file' doesn't seem to work.

jiwawa 18-11-2020 10:14

I rather like your existing one Chris. I assume there is an alternative way in to the parking at rear?!

ChrisandJohn 18-11-2020 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiwawa (Post 3122653)
I rather like your existing one Chris. I assume there is an alternative way in to the parking at rear?!

Actually Jean the garage, and parking in front, was at the side of the house, but with a chunk of garden in between. We moved from Walsden in April 2017 and are now in Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge. It's just taken me a long time to get round to changing things, but new van, new avatar - I hope.

Chris

raynipper 18-11-2020 12:12

Hi Chris.
Hover TOOLS and click USER CP.
Then left side to EDIT your details. It's in there under SETTINGS and change Avatar.

Ray.

dghr272 18-11-2020 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisandJohn (Post 3122647)
I've just updated some profile information and would now like to change my avatar. Any idea how I can do this? 'Choose file' doesn't seem to work.

Go to Tools, CP user, select edit avatar, option 2, choose file (or my option on iPad is photo gallery), but from file go to the directory where your photo files are, or have your new avatar stored on your desktop and select it from there.

Good luck.

Terry

Penquin 18-11-2020 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dghr272 (Post 3122679)
Good luck.

Terry

From my recent bad experience, you need a large dose of that. My entire block seems to have started when I tried to change my password... unsuccessfully as it appears to have taken half of it and then refused to do anything else... that is the only explanation that I have and that comes from Barry's success at using a new password that I gave him which I had not used on here.

Try to keep logged in throughout and follow Terry's method with crossed fingers :wink2:

ChrisandJohn 18-11-2020 15:22

Thanks Ray and Terry but I'd already tried what you suggested. When I get as far as clicking 'choose file' nothing happens.

I did think about your recent troubles, Dave, and wondered if I was being too optimistic to go about changing things.

Chris

raynipper 18-11-2020 15:40

Hi Chris.
Can you upload a pic to your space? Bear in mind it has to be very small by pic standards. i.e 140 x 140 pixels. You should be able to keep a few in there.

Ray.

JanHank 18-11-2020 16:20

2 Attachment(s)
I have just changed mine Chris.

CP -- Settings and options on the left --- Option 2 choose file - on the left select where the file is, mine I put on the desktop easy to find,

Click on photo and save change.

ChrisandJohn 18-11-2020 16:21

No Ray I can't upload a photo, at least not via Edit Avatar. Nothing happens when I click on 'choose file'. However, I've just re-read Terry's post and thought I'd try with my iPad. From there, when I click on 'choose file' I get a drop down menu with the choices of: Photo Library, Take Photo or Video, and Browse. Unfortunately the photo I want is on my Macbook so I'll have to transfer it, and of course find out how to reduce the size. It's a long time since I've done these things.

Chris