Problems Listing Rallies - Page 5 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 17:35

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Hi All
Lets not get into arguments here,no one is more frustrated than me,I have fought to keep the rally group going for a good few years,it is hard to watch it fall apart and know VS is doing very little to sort it.
I can just hope it will get sorted.
I have reported your post Scottie in hope someone will pay attention.
They can't still be celebrating Christmas and New year.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 17:38

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
What I don't understand is that a forum is pretty much a large database with a chat facility tagged on or vice versa, so why can't a new section be created, it may mean some of the old data is lost, but some will be outdated anyway like the rest of the info on old MHF, it's not looking like VS are ever going to do anything about it as it will take man hours and they struggle to keep the site going anyway so an add on which isn't working will be very low on their list of things to do.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 22:06
Colonial

Personal Aire
Hello there,

I wish I can get traction on this, but the old site is very outdated, hence, we created this new site.
I understand that function is important, but the software isn't well supported anymore over there.
I tried digging around for an alternative for this new site (vB plugins), but there wasn't one that matched the requirements.
Most I can do about this is to wait until a plugin is built that's suitable for the rally page, but an ETA on this is unknown.

Unfortunately, this is where we at for this. I'm sorry, but if I do get news on this, I'll let you all know here.

Ed

Admin
Vertical Scope

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 22:13

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Admin View Post
Hello there,

I wish I can get traction on this, but the old site is very outdated, hence, we created this new site.
I understand that function is important, but the software isn't well supported anymore over there.
I tried digging around for an alternative for this new site (vB plugins), but there wasn't one that matched the requirements.
Most I can do about this is to wait until a plugin is built that's suitable for the rally page, but an ETA on this is unknown.

Unfortunately, this is where we at for this. I'm sorry, but if I do get news on this, I'll let you all know here.

Ed
There is the answer. Five years or more and VS cannot do it. Actually I don't think they care, what interest have they got in a UK motorhome owners rally group? Even less than I have in Canadian ice hockey and to tell the truth and I have none. The Rally Group needs to find a different platform to run their activities. If that was done then as far as I can see the old site could be switched off never to see the light of day again. It is no good just running round in circles and repeating the exercise every January.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 23:13

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Well that's that then.

I know the rallies are already listed under Motorhome Rallies and Meets in the Forum section.

Would it serve the purpose if there was a voting button on the individual rally page which folk could press to indicate their intention to attend? this button could be programmed to fire an email to the appropriate person.

Not sure if that covers what's needed but it doesn't seem too complicated.

Jean
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 14-01-2019, 17:21
Colonial

Personal Aire
The "alert of votes" idea isn't currently part of the Poll software here, but all a user would need to do is make a post that says "voted" for a alert to be sent

Kevin

Admin
Vertical Scope

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page