User Tag List

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 18-07-2018, 20:04
Colonial

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
Not sure what you mean JB but rally admin have always been able to edit posts not just our post but any post, now if I click on edit it just goes to delete this post no way of editing it at all.

And why are new folks that have joined recently not being added on to our drop down list of members??? also it takes ages if at all to let us add old members to a rally list there is a long running script that seems to be messing it all up

And another thing Ken (Gaspode) seems to have lost his admin status so we are getting no help in that quarter, think hes given up now anyway!!!

Jac
Gaspode is still listed as an admin in the back end. What is the specific issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
http:///www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?name=Rallies
and scroll to the bottom of that page you will see manually add a member, that needs to get fixed now.
Thanks again
George
I'm seeing a 502 error which I reported up, are you seeing that as well?

- JB

Admin
Vertical Scope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 18-07-2018, 21:50 Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to scottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Admin View Post
Gaspode is still listed as an admin in the back end. What is the specific issue?

I'm seeing a 502 error which I reported up, are you seeing that as well?

- JB
Hi
it just hangs there then nothing I used to get the 502 message, but now nothing we need this to add members to the lists please get this sorted ASAP.
Thanks
scottie
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 19-07-2018, 19:48
Colonial

Personal Aire
The 502 errors are much broader reaching and not limited to the rally pages we are currently digging to find out the root and solve it

Kyle

Admin
Vertical Scope

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 19-07-2018, 22:29 Thread Starter

Hi
So is that it then,we just have to sit here and watch our rally group fade away because members cant get on,we cant add members,in fact the web site is getting to be a farce,we as a rally group have to pay for insurance,permits to rally all paid up front every year but for the last 3 years we have had to run at a loss because of this web site,but you just say you are digging about to try and find the problem,the problem has been here for a few years in fact it has only got worse since you took over.at this rate you wont have to worry about the rally group,there wont be one.

Sorry but a very frustrated rally group coordinator/treasurer.
LadyJ likes this.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 20-07-2018, 16:09

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
@VS

Why don't VS just WRITE a new page, on the new site, starting with the minimal functionality requested? That shouldn't take long for someone who knows their stuff.

Most of the problems are down to the old site having virtually nothing to do with the new site - different logons primarily.
LadyJ and Penquin like this.

Jean
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 20-07-2018, 16:17 Thread Starter

Hi Jean
I am sorry to say I think VS would like to see the back of the rally group,then the old site could be sidelined ,the only solution i see for the rally group is to move to a new provider.
George
Penquin likes this.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 23-07-2018, 19:34
Colonial

Personal Aire
We want to keep anything that you guys use and enjoy. Re-writing the homepage software is on the table, but it would probably mean a lot of lost info. It would mean starting from scratch, and when the new forum software was rolled out, that option was turned down.

If we want to re-evaluate, I'll pass that along, but it won't happen over night. And for the time being the techs will continue to try and chase down the cause of the 502 Errors

Kevin

Admin
Vertical Scope
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 23-07-2018, 19:54

My Motorhome: Swift Bessacarr E460
Send a message via MSN to LadyJ Send a message via Yahoo to LadyJ Send a message via Skype™ to LadyJ
Hi Kevin

Why not get Dave Burley in to sort it after all he built it

Jac

Jacquie & John
The social Butterflies flitting from place to place with 3 Yorkie terrorists & a Jack Russell
http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m...johns-dogs.jpg
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 23-07-2018, 20:56 Thread Starter

Quote:
We want to keep anything that you guys use and enjoy. Re-writing the homepage software is on the table, but it would probably mean a lot of lost info. It would mean starting from scratch, and when the new forum software was rolled out, that option was turned down.

If we want to re-evaluate, I'll pass that along, but it won't happen over night. And for the time being the techs will continue to try and chase down the cause of the 502 Errors

Kevin
Hi
Thanks for the reply,but as you might know by now the rally group has not worked for over 2 years, surly the tecs should of been able to sort it by now,some of it works,like we can delete/remove a member from attending a rally be we cant manually add a member to attend,that is a major problem as most members cant get onto mhf anymore,some are totally peed off and joined other groups the 502 error is not the problem with that,when you click on Manually add an attendee:it just spins and then nothing there is no 502 error message it does nothing,now as I have said before the rally group is self funding but with the lack of members being able to get on to the site and us as committee unable to explain why they are going to other sites where they can just click and they are on,we have to pay for insurance and camping permits and in the last 2 years we have not had enough member able to attend so we have not received the funds required to carry on much longer,unlike your company you get paid by the advertisers and your clicks we depend on members getting on here.would you like to fund the £532. for our insurance,no I don't think so,I am sure the rally page is not your first priority, but it is mine.Please get them to look again not just the 502 error message that is not the main problem.
[email protected]
AND A BIG THANKS TO THE MEMBERS WHO HAVE STUCK BY THE GROUP.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 24-07-2018, 00:14

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Quote:

Kevin
And who turned it down Kevin ?

Terry

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Testiculi ad Brexitam

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page