Contacting @VS_Admin @VS Jeff What is the official correct procedure - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 21-11-2016, 13:21 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer exsis-i 562 (Ford)
Contacting @VS_Admin @VS Jeff What is the official correct procedure

If a member needs to contact @VS_Admin or @VS Jeff what is the official correct definitive procedure? There seems to be several alternatives which may or may not work, so it would be useful if there was an officially approved method.

This has been prompted by the recent number of people who have had problems accessing the forum, and as such I would have thought it would be of benefit if there was a way of contacting VS forum administration by email as well as via the forum.

I await a response from VS with interest.

Malcolm
The Following User Says Thank You to emjaiuk For This Useful Post:
Pudsey_Bear (21-11-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 21-11-2016, 13:32

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
Light a fire in the garden. Smother it in green foliage. When it's producing a goodly amount of smoke get a blanket. Send an appropriate smoke signal.

I believe this is the traditional way of communication in Canada.
GEMMY, GEMMY, Penquin and 3 others like this.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 21-11-2016, 13:42

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Whatever it is it needs putting as a sticky and locking to stop further posts.

Maybe we should all start separate locked out threads, the ones we have already seem not to be enough.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 21-11-2016, 14:47

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
VS Jeff has JUST posted on the thread about Eurajohn's problems so presumably is around at the moment....

Dave
VS Jeff and VS Jeff like this.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to Penquin For This Useful Post:
Pudsey_Bear (21-11-2016)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-11-2016, 14:16 Thread Starter

Am I being unreasonable in expecting a response from VS? I don't think my original post was rude, disrespectful or unreasonable. I merely asked for something which I thought would help the forum in general, not only existing members, but new ones as well who may have difficulties with the sign up process. Particularly with Kevin's suggestion that the information should be a locked sticky. I would have thought at the very least it would have warranted a reply or acknowledgement.

I truly do not understand the attitude of VS in apparently not wanting to grow the forum. I fear that Leffe's decision will become common.

Malcolm
Spacerunner and Spacerunner like this.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-11-2016, 14:52

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaiuk View Post
Am I being unreasonable in expecting a response from VS? I don't think my original post was rude, disrespectful or unreasonable. I merely asked for something which I thought would help the forum in general, not only existing members, but new ones as well who may have difficulties with the sign up process. Particularly with Kevin's suggestion that the information should be a locked sticky. I would have thought at the very least it would have warranted a reply or acknowledgement.

I truly do not understand the attitude of VS in apparently not wanting to grow the forum. I fear that Leffe's decision will become common.

Malcolm
More than reasonable I thought.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-11-2016, 16:04
Colonial

Personal Aire
Hey guys,

There are a few ways to reach out to us, contacting us through this forum section is one of them, though we have a queue of tickets that we go through from our large network of sites, and give ourselves about 48 hours to respond to tickets. We use the first in first out method when navigating through our tickets.

You can also PM us, and it works about the same for that queue as well, at most a 72 hour response time during the week.

Your request for this answer is completely valid, and please don't think we are trying to avoid, or dodge you or community.
I hope this helps clarify your concerns, if not, please let me know if there is anything else I can clarify.

Richard.
VS Jeff and VS Jeff like this.

Admin
Vertical Scope
The Following User Says Thank You to VS_Admin For This Useful Post:
VS Jeff (22-11-2016)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-11-2016, 16:57

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaiuk View Post
If a member needs to contact @VS_Admin or @VS Jeff what is the official correct definitive procedure? There seems to be several alternatives which may or may not work, so it would be useful if there was an officially approved method.

This has been prompted by the recent number of people who have had problems accessing the forum, and as such I would have thought it would be of benefit if there was a way of contacting VS forum administration by email as well as via the forum.

I await a response from VS with interest.

Malcolm
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Admin View Post
Hey guys,

There are a few ways to reach out to us, contacting us through this forum section is one of them, though we have a queue of tickets that we go through from our large network of sites, and give ourselves about 48 hours to respond to tickets. We use the first in first out method when navigating through our tickets.

You can also PM us, and it works about the same for that queue as well, at most a 72 hour response time during the week.

Your request for this answer is completely valid, and please don't think we are trying to avoid, or dodge you or community.
I hope this helps clarify your concerns, if not, please let me know if there is anything else I can clarify.

Richard.
Thanks Richard,

You guys can PM me or @mention me also and I will respond when I can.

The mod team and staff has my desk email which they do use also.

Jeff M
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-11-2016, 19:45 Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey guys,

Richard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Jeff View Post
Thanks Richard,

You guys can PM me or @mention me also and I will respond when I can.

The mod team and staff has my desk email which they do use also.

Jeff M
So why are you ignoring what is to my mind a perfectly valid and simple suggestion that you post a locked sticky, simply stating the recommended methods of contacting VS, including the fact that it may take up to 72 hours to get a response, longer at weekends? Surely this would be better than having the information buried in a thread. Also nothing I have seen addresses the problem of those members experiencing access problems. Again I look forward to your eventual response.

I personally feel that it is unfortunate that VS cannot afford to provide better customer service resources, but your company is not alone in that regard and I fully understand that company growth by acquisition takes a lot less effort than organic growth and if forum owners are willing to sell out the people who have helped create their business there's not a lot members can do.

Malcolm
Pudsey_Bear and Pudsey_Bear like this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-11-2016, 20:00

My Motorhome: Elddis Accordo 125
Quote:
Hey guys,

Richard.
Timescales like those suggest that you are either understaffed or not particularly interested in what is being requested. Dealing with things as first in first out suggests that you do not triage issues when they come in. I suggest that you should so that burning issues do not get left-other issues may not be so pressing. Have you, as a staff team got the ability/time/will to revue your processes?

I am available to advise you if you wish but you will have to pay my travel and other costs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page