How to access MHF Rally programme! - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 20-06-2016, 10:03 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Adria 640 SLX
How to access MHF Rally programme!

Can someone tell me how to access the MHF Rally programme.
Since the password reset, if I click onto home, rally programme, then click on a rally I get on screen PHP USER WARNING. Configuration: please convert your config file via the new config.php.new.
Never had this problem before the password reset!
I have no idea what it means or how to do it.
What is happening to MHF website?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 20-06-2016, 15:53
Colonial

Personal Aire
We're investigating that alert right now, it shouldn't have anything to do with the password system as they're two separate databases.

Kyle

Admin
Vertical Scope
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-06-2016, 08:16

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexo T628
I have found that If you click on the 'Sign up for a MHF Motorhome Rally or Meet with no obligation HERE' button at the bottom of the rally listings ALL the Rallies are opened and accessible from there.
LadyJ and LadyJ like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alandsue For This Useful Post:
LadyJ (21-06-2016), Tricky2 (21-06-2016)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-06-2016, 08:50 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Adria 640 SLX
Thank you, I have tried it and yes I can see all the rallies.
Thanks alandsue.
LadyJ and LadyJ like this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-06-2016, 10:56

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper Sussex Duo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Admin View Post
We're investigating that alert right now, it shouldn't have anything to do with the password system as they're two separate databases.

Kyle

Isn't it about time these two separate 'sites' were joined so we don't have to keep switching from the forum page to the home page etc. How long since VS bought the site and it still operates like two separate businesses?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-06-2016, 12:42

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmold View Post
Isn't it about time these two separate 'sites' were joined so we don't have to keep switching from the forum page to the home page etc. How long since VS bought the site and it still operates like two separate businesses?
Paul

I suspect if it was straight forward it would be done, but it was never going to easy given the structure and the various coding added as it developed over the years prior to VS.

Migrating such a cobbled together site would/could be an even bigger disaster for us now.

In my working days we had a client who got a guy to develop them a pretty useful Access database with a great user interface, which he supported and added to on a regular basis.
Their guy decided to emigrate, therefore as we ran and supported all their major billing systems they wanted us to take the support over. We declined to do so as after investigation, the structure including basic naming conventions were nowhere near the industry standard coding for such a database. In the end we built them one from scratch based on a stable foundation.

I assume VS are facing similar issues or it would be sorted, or as my Gran often said "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"

Terry

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-06-2016, 14:00
Colonial

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghr272 View Post
Paul

I suspect if it was straight forward it would be done, but it was never going to easy given the structure and the various coding added as it developed over the years prior to VS.

Migrating such a cobbled together site would/could be an even bigger disaster for us now.

In my working days we had a client who got a guy to develop them a pretty useful Access database with a great user interface, which he supported and added to on a regular basis.
Their guy decided to emigrate, therefore as we ran and supported all their major billing systems they wanted us to take the support over. We declined to do so as after investigation, the structure including basic naming conventions were nowhere near the industry standard coding for such a database. In the end we built them one from scratch based on a stable foundation.

I assume VS are facing similar issues or it would be sorted, or as my Gran often said "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"

Terry
That's actually it precisely, also I like that phrase, I may just use it. Wise woman your Gran

Kyle

Admin
Vertical Scope
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-06-2016, 14:31

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
and the old forum software which had been tweaked so much and no record apparently kept of what had been done would certainly qualify as a "sow's ear" IMO, but the current software that MHF uses is much more like a "silk purse" in many respects.....

yes, there are problems trying to access the old sections but the rally programme may well be one that VS should look at migrating in some way, or introducing a new version linked to the current software pattern.

MHF Rallies are an excellent way of meeting people, going to events and simply having fun - which is what using a motorhome is all about (sadly we are in France so cannot partake of them)

Dave

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-06-2016, 21:12

My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Send a message via MSN to LadyJ Send a message via Yahoo to LadyJ Send a message via Skype™ to LadyJ
Hi Kyle

Yes you can access the rallies as Alan says but we the rally admin still can not do anything, like add folks on take folks off confirm folks etc, any joy with getting it back to normal please?

Jacquie

Jacquie & John
The social Butterflies flitting from place to place with 3 Yorkie terrorists & a Jack Russell
http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m...johns-dogs.jpg
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-06-2016, 21:45
Colonial

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
Hi Kyle

Yes you can access the rallies as Alan says but we the rally admin still can not do anything, like add folks on take folks off confirm folks etc, any joy with getting it back to normal please?

Jacquie
I'll bump this with tech tonight thanks for keeping on it.

Kyle
LadyJ, LadyJ, Penquin and 1 others like this.

Admin
Vertical Scope

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page