Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 22 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

148Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 21:28

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Anyway, I'm glad to be back in.... but gave up on trying to catch up on the Brexit threads!!
If that's the case I reckon VS have done you a big favour.
siggie, siggie, VS Jeff and 1 others like this.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 21:58

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Absolutely!!

Sometimes I find myself punch drunk n wonder Why am I doing this to myself??

That's when I find something more useful to do!

But it is addictive...
post #213 of 223 (permalink) Old 13-07-2016, 21:21

My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 786 (2006)
https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/pro...o=editpassword

Sorry poorly worded post. I did it off this link. You get an email acknowledgement and then an administrator will email to confirm you can then reset your account
The Following User Says Thank You to swanny65 For This Useful Post:
VS Jeff (13-07-2016)

post #214 of 223 (permalink) Old 14-07-2016, 22:31

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Frustration builds.....

having been locked out for a couple of hours and after trying to enter the correct (new) password I was forced to change to yet another new one,

hardly memorable;

Zc43/5Rx_p

so I have now changed it to something that I stand a chance of remembering, but WHY twice in a few weeks, I had not changed anything on the computer and was on here just a couple of hours ago, did not log out, did nothing except leave the computer to turn the display off and then go to sleep - all other sites are working, just MHF requires me to choose a new password.....

I have read the security announcement several times as the blasted thing is always displayed, but to say I am getting fed up would be an understatement.

This site is now requiring things that I do not need to do for ANY other site and that includes banks......

Come on VS this sort of security is over the top for a Motorhome Forum - I do not use the same password anywhere else, WHY should I be penalised by YOUR inefficiency?

Dave
gaspode, gaspode, erneboy and 3 others like this.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #215 of 223 (permalink) Old 15-07-2016, 16:31 Thread Starter
Colonial

Personal Aire
I am sorry you feel that way, everyone is required to change their password but there and many ways of choosing a password you will remember, a couple of examples #1Mhomes Home+wheels78 Rolling=road1

If you need any help please send me a Pm and I can help you walk through it.

Thank you,

~ Glenda

Admin
Vertical Scope
post #216 of 223 (permalink) Old 15-07-2016, 16:48

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Hi Glenda
Although I'm sure that having a secure password is a good idea I think that you need to take into account the fact that this site isn't a bank or a secure investment site, nor even a retailing or auction site - it's a motorhome forum.
That means that someone hacking into a members account would be annoying and possibly slightly disruptive - but it's pretty damn trivial in the general scheme of things.

For goodness sake, keep a sense of proportion, this site does not require members to have the same level of password security that would be appropriate on many other internet sites.
erneboy, erneboy, Penquin and 3 others like this.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
post #217 of 223 (permalink) Old 15-07-2016, 20:28

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Admin View Post
I am sorry you feel that way, everyone is required to change their password but there and many ways of choosing a password you will remember, a couple of examples #1Mhomes Home+wheels78 Rolling=road1

If you need any help please send me a Pm and I can help you walk through it.

Thank you,

~ Glenda
Please read my post again.

I have now had to change my password TWICE since your system was hacked, that is unreasonable IMO.

I am sufficiently computer literate that I can work out passwords for myself thank you..... Such an offer suggests that you have not read and understood my points, hence my suggestion to read it again.......

VS has now imposed a system that is totally over the top (an English phrase that is probably understandable in Canada), I have yet to see a reason why VS has deciuded that this high level of security is essential.

I also cannot understand why I have had to do it TWICE - is this going to happen every few weeks? If so, my time on MHF will be limited as it is very frustrating for something that is supposed to be enjoyable.

Please give us PROPER informed answers rather than "off the cuff" comments.

Thank you,

Dave

post #218 of 223 (permalink) Old 16-07-2016, 07:47

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I think it's a bit OTT, you need a symbol, a capital and a number,

so ¬Apassword1 would do the job (not mine) it's not difficult, maybe we should all have the same password, that'd simplify it

I tend to use old vehicle reg numbers, I can write the vehicle next to the site name, only I know what it means though, now I have to add a symbol, so make that the first character, the next a capital, job done.
post #219 of 223 (permalink) Old 16-07-2016, 22:14

Personal Aire
I doubt that I am the only one, but I have received an e-mail from VS into my normal home e-mail account - not the one registered with MHF, warning me about the security breach - more or less a repeat of the "Important Notice" we have all seen repeatedly displayed and with the same requirements for a 10 digit minimum password with capitals and symbols included......

Just a couple of points about this; it names a forum NOT MHF

it was delivered to my junk mail unsurprisingly as I have never used that e-mail address to communicate with MHF but only with what I believed to be senior members of the VS Admin team when they were seeking help back in the first few weeks after they took over.

So, my surprise is why the forum is wrong and why an e-mail address sent IN CONFIDENCE to a senior person in VS is now being used for such contact - with the wrong forum anyway.......

I would like some clarification and would be happy to provide further info via PM, but to me, this seems like a further breach of security........

Dave

post #220 of 223 (permalink) Old 18-07-2016, 17:38

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
I doubt that I am the only one, but I have received an e-mail from VS into my normal home e-mail account - not the one registered with MHF, warning me about the security breach - more or less a repeat of the "Important Notice" we have all seen repeatedly displayed and with the same requirements for a 10 digit minimum password with capitals and symbols included......

Just a couple of points about this; it names a forum NOT MHF

it was delivered to my junk mail unsurprisingly as I have never used that e-mail address to communicate with MHF but only with what I believed to be senior members of the VS Admin team when they were seeking help back in the first few weeks after they took over.

So, my surprise is why the forum is wrong and why an e-mail address sent IN CONFIDENCE to a senior person in VS is now being used for such contact - with the wrong forum anyway.......

I would like some clarification and would be happy to provide further info via PM, but to me, this seems like a further breach of security........

Dave
@Penquin,

What website was listed in the email?

You can verify the email used for your account here:
https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/pro...o=editpassword

Did you maybe have two accounts or used that email with the older page?

Jeff M

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page